Chapter 13 - Calling In Sick

Nabi walked out of the dormitory building and felt the cold air hit her bare legs. She was surprised that Kwon Jiyong didn't bother to ask if she needed a ride to work. She didn't need a ride, but she was still surprised by it. The streets were busy like always. The morning rush never seemed to surprise her and she never minded the fact that she liked walking in the streets when it was crowded with strangers. She found it weird being on the street alone. Even the weird drunk people in the night were better than nobody.

The walk wasn't long, and as she approached the building, a black van pulled up, causing Nabi to stop in her tracks. She sidestepped the van that had rudely cut her off, and made her way into the YG Entertainment Building, of course after waving to the security. She sighed, content with being inside, where it was slightly warm.

Nabi made her way to the classroom. Her first group was the boy group. They were the eldest and only group formed as trainees in the company. Nabi knew they were the only trainees with the actual outcome of debuting under YG Entertainment. Not even the girls were a set group to debut under the company. That's why Nabi pushed them to work hard so they didn't have to get their contracts dropped and have to audition for another company. She knew how tiring it was to be moved around like that. It's also unsettling to them not being able to debut under the company that they get signed under.

Nabi smiled walking in upon seeing the boys playing around. They all bowed as Nabi placed her bags on the chair. They looked happy. She already knew from the looks on their faces. They had big eyes and it was filled with joy and excitment. They also looked relieved.

"Why are you all so happy?" Nabi asked as she stood before them.

"Teacher, we finally got a debut date from President Yang." He explained with a wide grin.

Nabi smiled happily and clapped to congratulate them. "It was hard, right?" She asked. "You've all worked So hard to came this far. The hard work does not stop here. You all must work hard and never stop working hard even years after your debut." Nabi smiled.

"Teacher, you're going to be there when we debut, right?" Song In Soo, the maknae asked.

Nabi scratched her head and contemplated on telling him that she didn't want to attend their debut stage, especially on any music shows. So she did what anyone who couldn't answer a simple question would do. She asked him another question.

"What date did you guys recieve for a debut?" Nabi asked.

Song In Soo smiled. "President Yang is thinking around the end of December, only after Jiyong sunbae-nim has a solo comeback. So we're going to be working on writing and producing songs with one of the composers under the company."

Nabi smiled happily as they spoke about their upcoming debut. "Alright!" Nabi said clapping her hands. "Then we have a lot of work to do. Miyeong-ah, you're still having trouble holding a note longer than anyone else, so I'll help you out on that so when you guys debut you're all going to sound amazing for all of your fans."

"You're not going to attend our debt stage?" Song In Soo aked again.

Nabi sighed in defeat. "Fine. I'll attend. Only to see you guys briefly and help you all do warm ups. Have you all written and recorded songs for the debut?"

They smiled. "Thank you Teacher!" Song In Soo smiled.

Kang Won Sik nodded eagerly. "Yes! We've been writing lyrics and trying our hardest to work on composing a good beat on out own. One of the music composer under the company is helping us out before we record our final lyrics. Everything has to be overlooked by President Yang before we actually get into any recording booth."