Chapter 35 - Try

Kwon Jiyong sat in his dressing room with his managers and other members on the management team. He was tired and was basically falling asleep in the chair as he awaited his scheduled live performance. He sat straighter in his chair when Warriors came on and he nodded his head while listening to his hoebaes perform. He was very impressed and very proud of them.

When they ended, Kwon Jiyong tried to go back to sleep but his dressing room's door was knocked on and in walked a stage director with headsets and an Ipad. He came to tell Kwon Jiyong to wait out in the hall for his turn for his performance. Sighing, he got up after getting a last check over from his noonas about his makeup and clothes. Nothing seemed out of place so he exited the dressing room and entered the busy hall filled with other groups awaiting their performance.

As he made his way down the hall, he passed one of the many halls that connected to the main hall of Music Bank. However, he stopped when he saw something from the corner of his eyes. He looked down the hall to see what had caused him to stop all of a sudden. When he saw a girl who looked like Nabi at the far end of the hall, he had to squint his eyes to see if it was actually her. She was talking to two other girls and the situation didn't look good. Before he knew it, his feet began walking towards them. However, halfway down the hall he stopped when he heard the loud slap that softly echoed down the hallway.

"Da-Hye unni!" Kwon Jiyong heard one of the girls gasped while covering her mouth.

"You dare show your face here?" The girl who slapped Nabi asks with an angry tone. "Do you even know what we had to go through? We all seperated. Bori went back to her hometown and became the laughing stock because she failed to achieve her dream. Min Jung went to study in China because her family couldn't face her anymore. Me? I had to repeat being a trainee for three years before being able to become an idol again. What about our poor So Hee? She had to do it for four years again. Four! She was almost placed into another group if I hadn't begged the CEO to place her in the same group as me. And what? You're back in Korea? Why?" The girl laughed humorlessly.

"Da-Hye-ah. I didn't know. I'm sorry. Everything I've done to you and the other girls. I'm so sorry."

Kwon Jiyong knew her voice and confirmed that it is indeed Nabi. He began walking down the hall to reach them. The three were so emerged into the conversation that nothing around them mattered. They didn't even see Kwon Jiyong getting closer to them.

"You're sorry? Why haven't you told us why? If you at least told us why you had left, we would've forgiven you easily." The girl says choking over her words. "All those years I thought you actually cared about us."

"I did care! I cared so much about you guys. That decision I made all those years ago is something I didn't think through." He heard Nabi explain. "I didn't think it would've affected you guys this bad."

"Do you even regret leaving us?"

By now, Kwon Jiyong was fuming with anger. He approached the girl and when he saw her hand fly up, ready to hit Nabi, his hand reach out instinctively and stopped her. It was inches away from Nabi's face and Kwon Jiyong couldn't believe anyone would try to hit his sweet Nabi.

"Who do you think you're laying your hands on?" Kwon Jiyong snapped with his eyes glowering down at Lee Da-Hye in anger.

Shocked to see Kwon Jiyong, Nabi covered her mouth. "Jiyong oppa." It came out muffled due to her mouth being covered but he heard her.

Ignoring Nabi, he continued to stare down Lee Da-Hye with anger. "Your sunbae asked you a question. Who do you think you're laying your hands on?" He snapped.

Nabi took hold of Kwon Jiyong's arm and tried to pry his hands off of Lee Da-Hye's arm while she had a shocked expression. She didn't know how to respond to Kwon Jiyong and she didn't know how to react about him protecting Nabi.