Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Rio POV

Why you're still alive after everything I had done to kill you in my womb?

Ungrateful, bastard!!!

A very powerful slaps followed such a coloring insult. The sting start spread across a tiny face, wondering why his mum always hating him as long as he ever remembers. The tiny finger covers the ache area.

"Oka-san, why are you really hate me? I'm your son." A kid innocently watches his mother's horrible witch face.

"My son? Are you still in a dream? You're nothing more than a trash who wastes my space." The mother continuous laughs as if she has lost her mind.

"But I love you, Oka-san."

A pang from backhand perks on my cheek. A sting spread across my whole space. I try to contain my crying but fail. Consequently, the Oka - sun becomes more an aggressive. She takes the belt from one of his boyfriends and begins to berate my whole seven years old body like. The pain was unbearable.

After that, she will throw my bloody rag body into one of the closet. Lock from an hour to a one or two days with tiny food every day. She also warned me from telling others about my miserable life.

I don't know why she was very hate me. However, one clear matter is she was a single mother and I'm a product from her immoral life. Her parents have thrown her out the day they learn about her pregnancies. Moreover, apparently my so-called father had left her shortly after I was born. I never knew who he is; his name, or his origin.

My mum abusive attitudes keep getting worse with each passing year. I'm really glad having a body that never leaves any scar as an evidence for abused I had throughout my life. Believe or not, my skin had a quicker recovery rate, resulting the wound was hardly to leave any scar.

"... hashi... Takahashi..." I jerk immediately when great shocks at my body feel. My eyes blink a few times to process what have happened. Damn it, I was in a nightmare again.

I'm tired to this haunted abusive nightmare. She hasn't qualified to entitle as a mother. I'm never wishing to be born into this cruel human realm. There is nothing here for me. No warmth, no love, and no place to called as a home.

"Are you, okay?" Haru asks worriedly.

"I'm okay, just having a bad nightmare. What is a time now?" I release a big yawn before lean my head onto his shoulder again.

"Five more minutes before the rest end." I said lazily.

"We gotta go now, Rio. You may get detention if you late again." Haru tugs my hand.

"Aye.. Aye Mr. Discipline." I mock him as I wipe the dust around my ass.

"You need to quit either one of your part time jobs, Rio. Just thinking how much you got sleep per week." He lectures me.

"I need them to survive, so quit it is impossible, buddy." I pat his shoulder before return to my class. He is in engineering course and me in a business course. We have been a close friend since the day I moved here.

He is the only one who knew the real me, the only one who got permission to get close to me. I'm not a social awkward but rather the pretender. I need the noisy environment to wipe off all the past dust.

The definition of life is nothing like pretty story. At least that what I felt around this fifteen years in my life. People always pretend as a something that they never mean in reality. I keep my time with various part times to avoid from thinking something that never be mine.

**********

"Takahashi... take this order to the private dining room." Reika order me. She is the owner's daughter and the person who willing to hire me here.

"Okay." I give a friendly smile before taking the meals and proceed to the private section. My heart beats in wary, as if to warn me about the unseen storm. I harden my heart and wipe all negative thought from my mind.

My co-worker nudges me softly, signalling we have arrived to appointed spot. He knocks gently and the customer gives us the permission to enter. I arrange the dishes on the table. Somehow, I can feel a sharp stare from one of the persons inside this room. He makes me nervous and rude at the same time.

What is wrong with this guy? Why does he bluntly stare at me? He continues doing it even after I had caught his rude action.

This group of customer is a foreigner. They had a European trait and had a very heavy English slang. I can't pin point their true origin. The man was distracted when one of his friend whispers something into his ear.

The man has a great stature, a pair of sharp hazel eyes, a bridge nose, and stingy unsmiling lips. He wears a very stoic face and only spoke a few and simple word

I wasn't in any mood to fight or to take notice to the said person. He can securitize and molest me using his eyes all he wants. I don't care or offend because this is not the first case since I worked here almost six months ago.

Molester, pervert, and sex deprived man and women always have a weird look toward the waiter or waitress. It's not strange considering this restaurant was half bar in another floor. Situated on the famous pleasure road; Shinjuku Ni-Chome.

I do my best to ignore his stare and carry my job as perfectly as I can. I still can feel the heated gaze after I finish arranging the dishes and excuse myself. They stare at me a moment before continuing their conversation again.

Somehow, I feel as if they are talking about me. I heave a sigh relief when spots at the clock. My work was done for today. Strange is I can't wipe off the image of that customer. Making my heart are beat in weird emotion. The ways he behaves indicated that he not from normal social status. He acts like a leader for that small group too. Everyone respects him.

Why they choose to eat at three star restaurant? Argh thinking about it has never brought me to anywhere. I cross the road to get to my 1ldk apartment. It was rent on my mother's name who gladly to give it to me as a ways to distant our relationship.

"Welcome back, Haru." I almost squeak when hearing a greeting from the dark living room. Haru turn on the light while dissipate his sleepy eyes.

"I'm home." I give a short reply.

"Mum has prepared a food for you on the kitchen table." He gives a big yawn.

"You can resume the sleep. I want to take a bath and eat. Send my thank you to your mum." Haru walked into a bedroom.

Haru is my neighbour next door. He always stays at home during an exam zone. Mostly, to get away from his other siblings and find place to concentrate. He was blessed with a great parenting and family. In addition, his family was really nice to me too.

After finished the meal I'm heading to bed. Haru took the left side because he wants to avoid from falling onto the floor. He had a bad sleeping posture. I turn on a table lamp to begin a study. But all my tempted was failing because I lost concentrate. The man's face filled my head as if he is a ghost who haunted me till home.

I don't know why it's so hard to erase the man weird look from my mind. Also, in the corner of my heart keep whispering the man is dangerous and bad news.

A/N

Sorry for postpone this story to long.