Side Story - Part One

Amius POV

This is the third journey I will participated, throwing all the supplies into the space magic bag and do the final checking. Honestly, I don't want to join the journey this time due feeling uneasiness. It's sort a bad premonition.

I am the eighth princes of the Scordin Empire in this realm. I have a twin that born five minutes earlier than me. Our relation so close than any other siblings. Father has ten concubines, but they were living in harmony rather than being a greedy stupid woman. They already knew the fact that they need to shared father affection the day they got the concubine title.

My twin brother, Samuel and me, Isaiah, born from sixth concubine from Lagoon Tribe. The tribe possesses great ethereal beauty and handsomest in this realm. Usually, the tribe only marries within tribe member but they owed a big favour from Royal Family. Thus, decided to deepen the bond by using political marriage. Mother features were unrivalled but her gentleness and good nature able to erasing any enmity from arising.

Father also quite fonder to mother but treated another wife equally. Among the princes and princes, I was the lowest in term magic practitioner and fragile than others. Because that I find it useless to continue hard in magic classes. I always filled my times in Royal Library, study all the magic circulation alone. With the photographic memory ability, I was able memories all the information only with one time reading.

Samuel always labelled me as a nerd since I always holed in the library. Aside from the magic, we also compulsory to take martial art lesson. Other than that, I like to travel either within the realm or outside it. Everything going so smoothly until recent travel schedule. The purpose of this travel had great importance for me and brother. We are going to meet with our bride to be.

Because my fragile condition, mother and father decided to marry me once I reach twenty. My fragile body would cause our realm fall into warring states. Why? Because my body actually has another benefit that could attract the greed tribe. I can pregnant although I am a man. A rare condition that appears only in myth.

Additionally, the baby born between two men would be very powerful, intelligent and have a vast magician. In return, the man who bear the child will only have a small amount of magic and age shortened than our race common ages. Still, the myth hasn't had any proof.

Until now, the secret still in safe lock. Our people have thick loyalty and most always care about each other back. And, the fact I have a bad magician practical only knew by close family members and personal trainer. Apparently, father had arranged everything to keep the secret from leaking. I am glad that they never treat me like fragile woman.

"Are you ready?" A masculine voice asks me.

"Yeah, I guess." I reluctantly stand up and sweep across the room. I don't know why but it feels like I would leave this place forever.

"If you really object this fiancée stuff just ask father to abolish it. You're his favourite child and never request anything before." Samuel patted my shoulder.

"Nah, it's okay and I understand father and mother goodwill. As a son, I find nothing to object this arrangement." I forced a smile. But as a twin I knew he can catch my true feeling.

About the girl, I had met her at a previous party two years ago. She is a beautiful but quite a wild girl and to be honest, she is not my type. I only see her as a friend but father and mother mistook our relationship and betrothed us. I lost my will to fight when I coincident overheard father and mother worried if I still single past twenty years.

I don't want to break the peace we have and war upon stupid issue. My family and people are more important than my love life. And, I believe upon the years, I could love the girl as she deserves it. Truthfully, I was preferring a man than a woman as my life partner because I find a man easily to confide with. In our realm, marry over same gender is rare but not a sinner.