Chapter 29

Rio POV

A year after enthroned...

The life resumes as how it should be after the nerve wrecking enthronement. Nothing big changed happen in our life except the decreasing of our private time. Aldrich always whines and pouting nonsensical saying we have not enough times in private lovey-dovey session.

Although I have held the title as a second king, to assist and rule the nation alongside my husband, in reality I still the novice. I still at brat level in this political arena. Aldrich and his friend had helped me a lot around this new field plus few honest ministers. That is why people tend to take advantage on me.

If people say I'm lucky man having a great power despite my old background, then they are utterly stupid. Great power as mine means holding a big responsibility, trustee, and need to act all fair. At the same time, prioritize the nation and citizen over your selfish self. I had never one taste what the so-called endless wealthy and easy life.

What I had taste is a hardness in making decision and sometime frustration. You were not govern a robot but human with thousand like wishes. No matter how perfect you are, they still find a tiny fault to slander you for a lifetime. Example now they labelled me as an evil and power hungry monster that monopolizes the royal court and bewitched my own husband to kiss my feet.

I had become a villain in the politic arena that has birthed enemies around me. Ditch the so-called excellent ministries that did not bend act as my command. Robbed away their position and hard earned wealth. They were actually still in wrong impression in this case. If I really release the demon inside me, I think they will either kick out from the country or bury six feet under.

I am benevolent enough to keep their heinous act as the nation top secret. I only release them from their position and take half from their wealth in order to compensate the loss money. Both my hand and all my senses had fully booked that I just ignore the baseless rumour and accuse. So, where the privilege people had always assumes when reaching my rank. Bullshit! That is the great word in precisely defined my hectic life.

What I do experience is not the luxury and privilege as a king but suffering an endless frustrated. And sometime crying like a loss kid when I didn't manage to keep up with the high pressure or people's expectation. I ain't like Aldrich, who is mastering all the politic art like breathing the air. He was educated since he knew how to read the alphabet and count the number. I'm still learning by trial and error phase. Being his husband and staying in the palace for three years and six months doesn't mean that I have already mastered all of these things. Geez... Okay, time to stop self-pity now.

After suffered the last time separation issued, Aldrich never dare to leave me again. We are together no matter where we go. Together we wipe off all the greedy and foxes ministers. Right now, the royal court blended between old men batch and youngster generation. The old batch guides the new batch to be a good and proper minister.

Half of the noble clans support our campaign and doctrine while another half were opposed us. They were daring to issue the petition and an audience with a previous ruler that resulting nothing. Aldrich and I hold the absolute power of monarchy that allows all our ideas become the law itself. The previous king had lost all his power after dethroned and seclude himself from the politic and nation affair.

Aldrich had stated clearly that if they didn't like the way he govern, they are free to fly to another country. He is fearsome king, but not a dictator. He hears everyone's problems, filling all their needs. As his partner and close observer, I can say he had done a magnificent job in ruling and taking the nation to the path of glorious.