Chapter 18- Haunted

"It's been a long time, my dear Amethyst..." Jaxon's devilish grin widened.

"Don't ever call me your dear." I glared at him.

Jaxon caressed my cheek, his ice cold hand sending shivers down my spine.

"You know, for a freak, you are quite a beautiful one."

I bit at his hand.

"But still a freak, nonetheless..."

"Why are you doing this?"

Jaxon batted his eyes innocently, and at that moment I really wanted to rip out his eyelashes.

"My dear Amethyst, whatever do you mean?"

I gritted my teeth, "You know exactly what I mean."

He turned his back to me, "We could have been happy together, you and I... But your powers and your brother just HAD to mess everything up!"

I clenched my fists, "Don't you DARE blame my brother for what YOU did!!"

He turned around to face me, his eyes narrowing, "I could see our future, married, perhaps a family, but NO! You just HAD to have those damned powers and look for your damn brother!!!"

"HOW COULD I POSSIBLY HAVE A FUTURE WITH SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T EXCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM?!?"

"HOW COULD ANYONE EXCEPT A FREAK LIKE YOU?!?"

My eyes blurred with tears, I could feel the flood gates opening.

"I. AM. NOT. A. FREAK!!!"

"AMETHYST?!? AMETHYST?!?" A strong hand shook me.

I opened my eyes to find myself on the ground, in the guard station, with six eyes staring at me.

"Dante?" I asked weakly.

"AMETHYST?! Oh my lord you're awake!" Dante hugged me and helped me to my feet.

"You just blacked out, what happened to you?" Garroth's eyes were full of concern.

"N-nothing, I'm fine..." I lied.

Laurence gave me a stern look, "That's what you said before, and then you blacked out, you can't tell us that that was nothing."

"I SAID IT WAS NOTHING!" I yelled.

My head was killing me, but at that moment in time, I didn't care. I stormed past the guys, blinking back tears.

I charged out of the guard station, slamming the door behind me.

Why am I such a freak?