Chapter 20

Song of the chapter: "if I can't have you" (YOU SHOULD TOTALLY LISTEN TO IT! ITS AFTER THE PIC, JUST SLIDE OVER )

Sammy's POV

"Yoandri..?"

"Well atleast you recognize my voice " he sarcastically chuckles lightly in the darkness.

"Wh..what do you want?", I took a step back, and the back of my hand touched something that seemed like a bed, and I sat on the very edge.

"To finish what we started", he says stepping closer, and sitting beside me.

Just him, the darkness and I.

"What's that supposed to mean? And how did you even get in here??"

"Oh you know what that means ....and I followed you "

"That's just so wrong..."

"Haha just like you drooling over Erick while he goes around snogging his girlfriend "

"What the hell do you want??"

"Is that alcohol I faintly smell on you?" He asks scrunching up his nose.

"Oh C'mon don't act like you didn't drink either!"

"Eh I had my reasons, Anyways....I just wanted to tell you that I feel very sorry for you " he says slurring his S's.

no wonder people say alcohol is bad for you!

"What?"

"Yeah well you see at first I was very happy when Jasmine showed up, because well you broke my heart and then Erick broke yours, so I figured yay Karma did it's justice, but then I thought about it...and realized I could never hate you. And somehow that hurt even more"

"Ok...???"

"But now I just feel sorry for you "

"Why?"

"Because you're stupid. Because no one will ever love you as much as I do. But you're too blind to see that. "

"Yoyo why the fuck can't we just be friends? Netflix and chill? Play laser tag? Make fun of eachother? Epically fail at attempting to make empanadas de plantano?

"Because I fucking love you. and that's the difference between Erick and I. He LIKES YOU. But I LOVE YOU"

"So? It's not like I actually love anyone, ya know?!" I say, resenting the words as soon as they'd left my lips.

"Yeah yeah deny , deny , deny all you want. You know it's true. "

"Dude I'm not even cute or anything...but my cousin is!" I smile cheerfully.

"I've beautiful girls mobbing me everywhere I go. But if I can't have you, I don't want nobody" he says softly.

"Yoyo please, I'm drunk. My head's like spinning right now, my grades are going down the drain, my parents are barely ever around whenever I really need them, I was never even suppose to get this close with any of you guys in the first place....why can't I just get a Goddamn pupusa and live happily ever after???"

"Because reality sucks "

"Exactly. So do me a favour and stop making it even worse!"

"You know it's kinda funny, how blind love really is...we never fall for the right one"

"True true " I say, as he leans closer to my shoulder.

"In the middle of the night, when I miss you the most, sometimes I even dream I can hold you. And the pain in my heart is indescribable as soon as the sun rises, and I awake to face reality" he says above a whisper, the sadness and longing in his voice, made my breath hitch.