Chapter 43

Song of the chapter : el perdedor by Maluma

Sammy's POV

From the very moment he grabbed the mic, my stomach clenched.

"Without you, we'd be nowhere." Erick smiled at the audience.

Thank God it's over.

Richard tried to grab the mic, but Erick didn't let go.

"I've learned so much through this journey, and I'm still learning...from my mistakes—" Erick continued.

" What Mr.Cheesy-Hallmark-Card is trying to say is, that we are truly thankful to all of you!" Zabdiel stole the mic from Erick.

A round of applause erupted as we walked back to our seats.

Not once had Joel let go of my hand.

Oh boy was he good at faking to be head over heels about me.

For the rest of the night, I couldn't help but wonder what Erick was going to say before Zabdiel rudely interrupted him.

Was it about me?

No sooner had the boys' performance been over, than we were already saying our goodbyes, except for Erick, who was pulled away by Jasmine.

But it was okay, because that's where he belonged ; next to her.

Besides, I was on a tight schedule, and needed to get back to Yoandri and his small crew, as soon as possible.

"See you in five days, shorty." Joel pulled me against his chest, as we waited at the airport. We were in public, so we had to keep the act going.

"Joel," I said, looking up at him, as his arms encircled my waist.

"Yes?"

"What do you think Erick was going to say? "

I felt his grip tightened slightly, in a strange possessive way, at the mention of Erick.

"Probably nothing important." He said carelessly, but I could hear the uneasiness in his voice.

"You don't have to hold me so tight." I giggled softly, against the fabric of his shirt.

"I know Shorty, I know." Somehow, there was a double meaning to those vague simple words.

From hours to days, to weeks, to months, I'd grown so used to Joel, I'd begun to miss him a little more than I should've missed my pretend boyfriend. But then again, my mind was probably playing tricks on me again.

Although the constant surprises and  delicate gifts, that maybe cost more than he should've spent on me, kept coming.

And that's what began to plant the seed of doubt.

- 6 hours later-

I was checking my makeup in one of the bathroom stalls, in the airport, when suddenly I got a new message from an unknown number.

Person: Nothing matters if you're not with me. I don't care if I lose it all, I don't care if I end up being the poorest man on earth. I don't care about the fame, the contract. Not having you by my side, is like having a dagger stabbed into my chest, every second you're not with me. You were right. Mami, I will fight for you.

THIS IS PROLLY THE SHORTEST CHAPTER IVE EVER WRITTEN IK I SUCK, BUT IM ON MY WAY TO THE AIRPORT, BUT WHEN I GET BACK IN A WK, I PROMISE ILL FINISH THIS BOOK!💖

Team Erick or nah?

-mistiquecherry🙈🍉