Chapter 2

Present Day

Rory and her daughter Ella were on there way back to Hartford for a dinner arranged by both her grandmothers.

(Flashback)

Just after Strobe died Francine had wanted to talk with Rory after she came to visit Chris. Francine had told Rory that she always wanted to be apart of her life but Strobe didn't like it. So she was wondering if they could start now? Francine knows that she has a lot to make up for but was hoping that Rory would be up to it. Rory decided that she would give her the chance and it turned out great. They have a good relationship and Francine is proud of Rory for raising her daughter by herself, just like Lorelai did. Francine also told Rory that she always admired what Lorelai did by taking her out of Hartford and raising her on her own. She had set up a trust fund for Rory to use and they would always check in at least once a week. To say her relationship was better with Francine that it was with Emily. After Richard died Francine brought Emily over to the mellow side. Well as best as she could anyway. Now all three have great relationships with each other and everything is going good at the moment.

(End of Flashback)

Back to Present Day

Once they had landed they saw Lorelai waiting outside by baggage claims. They both ran to hug her.

"Grandma! I've missed you." Ella said

"Well I've missed you too honey." Lorelai said

"Hey mom." Rory said

"Hey honey." Lorelai said

"Ok now that the hugs and hello's are out of the way, lets get you guys to grandma Emily's house." Lorelai said

"Alrighty let's go." Rory said

Once they got to Emily's they all gathered into the living room. Both Emily and Francine were there along with Chris. Emily had gotten everyone drinks and then both her and Francine had explained why they had called the dinner.

"So you want me to be a double heiress?" Rory asked

"Essentially yes, but we understand if it is too much for you." Both Emily and Francine said

"Can I have some time to think about it?" Rory asked

"Yes, all the time that you need." Emily said

"Ok good, I will definitely let you know soon." Rory said

They finished drinks and headed to supper.

"So Rory how has work been?" Emily asked

"Oh it's been good." Rory said

"That's good." Emily said

After dinner was over Rory and Ella along with Lorelai headed back to Stars Hollow for the night.