--->Essence of Lydia<---

Prologue: Embryae’s Existence

A group of hooded figures stood around in a circle, waiting for the leader, Phoenix to begin the ceremony. He seemed to be running late, as usual. They all gathered around as they noticed that the moon was directly overhead. They were going to have to start without him.

Just as they began to start, an out of breath Phoenix came running into the circle. They said nothing and then continued on before it was too late.

A girl, the age of 13 stepped out into the middle of the circle at that moment. Her name was known as Kambrea. She wore a similar hooded outfit, but her hood was now resting onto her slender shoulders. Her hair was in perfect blond ringlets and her grey eyes shown in the light of the moon. She looked up into the night sky and then began the whispered prayer.

Light began to cling to her then, bathing her in its brilliance. She closed her eyes and then began the ceremony dance. The light only grew as she did so and then at the stroke of midnight, a glittering began to take shape near Kambrea. Kambrea hurriedly ran from the circle and spoke the last words of prayer before a girl materialized in the center of their circle. She was bare and looked vulnerable. Suddenly, without a beat, she collapsed onto the ground of her new world.

Marking her as the daughter of Lydia, the Moon was a golden crescent birthmark on her lower back. Kambrea smiled at the new creation in front of her, it was pure luck that she’d finally came like the prophecy had said so. As they were beginning to depart with the girl, a boy seemed to materialize the same way that the girl had. Although, he seemed to be more aware and held his ground. He took in his surroundings and then stared at the people accusingly. Kambrea shared his confusion; there was only supposed to be one child born from the essence of Lydia.

Something was terribly wrong; the Fates had something completely different in store for the two new children of Lydia that was unknown to all except the children themselves. One day, they’d all understand.