Essence of Lydia---> Chapter 12: Atticus' POV

Embry seemed to freeze under my lips, at first I thought that it was because she was tensing to hit me for even daring to kiss her, but I was so wrong. Suddenly, her lips start to move in harmonization with mine. A mind-blowing feeling overtook me by that point, pulling me into a beautiful bliss as our kiss became more passionate than I’d originally planned. All I’d wanted was for her to calm down but as our lips moved together, as if they were meant to me, my pulse began to gradually increase. I finally pulled away, knowing that if I didn’t soon, I wouldn’t be able to.

As our lips separated, I heard a soft gasp come from Embry. I looked at her quickly, wondering what was wrong. A look of astonishment seemed to fill her features, but that soon changed when she noticed my stare. After a moment, anger seemed to seize hold of her then, making her violently push me away from her. She looked up into my eyes, although I still hadn’t really processed much due to the kiss I’d just pulled away from. I was regretting it now though, seeing her rage at the kiss.

What had I done wrong? She didn’t seem to want to pull away during the kiss, why is she furious now? I thought in utter confusion. She stared up into my eyes for a moment longer before she shook her head back in forth, seeming to be arguing with herself. As I was about to try and console her, she turned on her heel and ran from me.

It took me a moment to realize what had just happened; but when I did, I ran after her. Ugh, the kiss was making my mind move so sluggishly! I’d never felt this way before after kissing some girl. Although, what makes this different must be the fact that she is my other half.

As I pondered all of this, she seemed to speed up. I smirked at her little schemes; she seemed to be making this into another race. Was she just toying with me again? I thought about that as I sped up as well, trying to beat her at her own games.

At a closer distance to her than I was before, I took him her figure then. It seemed to be trembling as she ran, as if she were about to collapse at any given time. I sped up even more, not wanting her to hurt herself while trying to run from me.

Suddenly, I saw her petite figure collapse onto the ground and I ran towards her with all I had, my pulse increasing as adrenaline rushed through my veins. Anxiety seemed to envelop me, not allowing me to escape his grasp. I gulped and then I found myself standing in front of Embry. She seemed to be panting, tired from the semi-race we’d just been through.

I drank her in, making sure that she was alright. That was the moment I saw crystalline liquid begin to cascade down her beautiful face. A pang with through my chest as I saw her like this; it almost broke my heart to see her in such a condition. She seemed to strong; I just wanted to protect her from what seemed to bring her down.

When she seemed to notice my presence in front of her, she buried her face within her knees, not wanting to show me the weakness. I knew how she was feeling: hopeless, weak; I would’ve wanted to hide as well. I just didn’t want her to hide from me of all people.

Her breathing began to slow and her trembling came to a slow stop then. She took a deep breath before looking up at me. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of her. How could she look so broken, yet so beautiful at the same time?! I cursed myself for even thinking such things at a time like this. She began to speak then, her voice catching my full attention.

“Have you gone through that summoning ghost thing yet?” She asked in a surprisingly nonchalant manner. It took me a moment to reply as I was so mesmerized by just being in her presence. I was starting to get irritated with all these new feelings I was beginning to feel, but I just couldn’t help myself.

 “Uh… yeah. Actually I raised some ghost before I came here. Although, it wasn’t as dramatic as yours was. It was just a slight tremble of the ground and this cold feeling thing. It was a weird feeling all in all.” I spoke, not as smooth as I’d imagined it to be, but it was good enough. I gave a small smile to cover up how unsmooth I’d spoken. She seemed to find this a little amusing, as she smiled back as well.

Taking in our surroundings, she seemed to notice where we were. When she figured out where we seemed to be, a determined look filled her unique orbs; she then grabbed my hand, sending shockwaves with her touch, and then ran off some where.

I wonder where she was taking me?