Essence of Lydia---> Chapter 13: Embryae's POV

Kam seemed to be waiting for us, a knowing look upon her petite face. I narrowed my eyes at her, knowing that she’d probably put up a little fight just for the heck of it before giving up any of the information that I sought. She smiled at me a little, noticing the narrowing of my eyes.

Letting go of Atticus’ hand with some reluctance, I stalked up to Kam, determination coating my features. Atticus still seemed a little lost at what we were doing here, but I knew that deep down he wanted answers as well, and Kam was going to give it to us whether she liked it or not.

“Kam, we’re ready to know the prophecy.” I said, my eyes beginning to burn with intensity, willing for Kam to agree right away. She sighed at me, as if she wasn’t expecting this, but I knew she was this whole time; probably even wondering why I hadn’t asked earlier than before now.

“Embry, I already told you the answer to this. I’m not allowed to interfere with the prophecy; you’re supposed to figure it out on your own… or well, with the help of your… other half.” With the last part, she sent a glance towards Atticus, who was now alert. He seemed to be alert due to the fact that he knew what we were talking about now. I would’ve smirked at the blank expression on his face, stating that he hadn’t really heard the ‘other half’ part of our conversation because he seemed to be tuning us out for the moment, but I held it back due to the circumstances.

Turning back to Kam, I took another step closer to her, thinking over the words I was about to say to her before actually saying them. I knew that to get her to give in, it would take the right kind of persuading.

“Kam look, this isn’t really your prophecy now is it? I mean, it is meant for Atticus and I, so we should be able to make up what happens during it. We should be able to pick whether we fall in love or not; we should be able to pick how we figure out the prophecy to begin with. We should be able to pick out how it all ends.” I say, ferocity leaking into my voice, surprising me by how wise I’d just sounded. Kam seemed taken aback by this as well. I’d never been this serious before about anything, no matter what… so she knew I wanted answers and I wanted them at this very moment. Sighing, Kam capitulated, giving up resistance.

“Fine, but we must speak with Dev in the room as well.” She stated and motioned for us to follow her. I turned around to see whether Atticus was following, only to run into a hard chest.

“Yep, he was following.” I murmured to myself as I pulled away. He seemed to be looking down at me in amusement. I rolled my eyes at him and then turned on my heel to follow Kam.

She had taken us all into her living room and we were all now seated. I waited for someone to begin the conversation, but it seemed like no one wanted to be the first to talk. I knew I had to do something because the silence was killing me. Turning to Kam, I spoke.

“Ok, so now tell us about the prophecy.” Dev seemed to become alarmed by my words and I noticed then that Kam hadn’t even mentioned it to him. I smirked as she looked away from him in embarrassment. I would’ve chuckled, but that would’ve been too much. Receiving a glare from Kam, I just shrugged as if to tell her ‘how was I supposed to know that you didn’t tell him?’ She rolled her eyes at me before gaining the courage to turn to Dev.

He seemed to be looking at her suspiciously, not exactly knowing what she was about to say, or what the hell was going on at the moment.

“Ok, sorry I hadn’t mentioned it before Dev, but I think it’s time that we tell them about the prophecy that they will need to fulfill.” She spoke calmly enough, but her leg was shaking slightly, which gave her nervousness away. Dev’s eyebrows rose in puzzlement. I was about to speak up, but Kam beat me to it. “They deserve to know. Embry actually made an impressive speech of why exactly they should know the prophecy actually, but I’ll get into that later. I will need you to go get the scroll Dev.” Dev got up reluctantly and disappeared into the library located down the hall from here.

This was the moment I’ve been waiting for since the moment I saw the green moon shining above me in the sky; since the moment I found out that I am the Essence of Lydia.