Essence of Lydia---> Chapter 8: Atticus' POV

We made our way to an eerie looking place that I’d never laid eyes upon before. It seemed to be deserted as well. Dev led us up some hill then. I was about to ask what we were doing here, before I heard Dev begin to chant in some foreign language. It oddly sounds familiar. Then I remembered back to the night of the green moon. He’d spoken it while I writhed on the ground in agony.

That had been when I was ignorant to all the things in life. I missed not knowing about myself now, but I knew it was inevitable and I couldn’t just run away like I’d done a long time ago with other things I didn’t take a liking to.

It seemed like forever before a force grabbed hold of the both of us. That was when I noticed that Dev had stopped his chanting. I cursed, wondering what the hell was happening. An ancient door began to appear before us then. What. The. Hell?!

I was about to ask what was happening, but then we were plunging through darkness.

It seemed like an eternity before we began to slow our plummet through darkness. Was this our stop then? I knew it was when I saw the burst of light coming up ahead. We came to a stop then and I waited as Dev walked through the door that had appeared and after a moment of hesitation, I stepped through the threshold as well. This place seemed to be deserted as well, but the first thing I laid eyes upon when stepping out was a gorgeous girl that seemed to be the same age as me. Was this her? Was this my lover? She seemed to have come out of some fairytale.

Her hair resembled the same blond-white color mine did; her eyes blazed the color violet, having green specks flittered within them; her skin seemed to radiate a creamy white; her hair was cut in a pixie style, which made her all the more enticing, and she was just overall the most gorgeous being I’d ever lain eyes upon.

I noticed how she seemed to be studying me as well, after a moment though, she looked away, her gaze connecting with something behind me and a slight pout took form on her flawless face.

I’d totally tuned out everything other than this beauty and so I was surprised when a woman around the same age as Dev bumped her, smiling as she spoke. It took me a moment to tune back into everything and hear what she’d said.

“What are you frowning at?” The woman asked. I looked back to the beauty, waiting for her response. Her face flushed in exclamation before she answered dramatically.

“The Portal is disappearing!” Her harmonious voice rung out, as if it were the most obvious thing in the universe. I could hold back the chuckle at how cute she was while doing this. She froze, before turning to me, her gaze burning with intensity… then she spoke.

“Who the hell are you, and why are you laughing at my distress mister?!” She bellowed, which made my heart skip a beat. What the hell? My gaze furrowed for a moment, before answering her smoothly, or I hoped it was.

“The name is Atticus, and you?” She completely ignored answering my question and turned away from me. When Dev began to speak, her gaze flickered over to him, slightly curious.

“Seems like you have yourself a fire-cracker.” Dev chuckled to the woman. The girl rolled her eyes at him and then her face lit up at a thought because she subtly began speaking.

“Well, I’ve seen the magnificent Portal, so I’m gonna go ahead and head home.” She said deviously and turns to walk away, which made my heart clinch, not wanting her to walk away from me. Why was my body acting so weird? Is this what love is supposed to feel like then? The woman spoke up then.

“Oh no you don’t Embry.” So Embry was her name? It was just as beautiful as her.

“Ugh Kam, why couldn’t you just stick to ignoring me?” Embry complained.

“Embry eh?” I said in amusement. She turned to me at the sound of her name and then rolled her eyes.

“It’s Embryae to you… Atticus.” She replied lazily, before turning her gaze back on… Kam. “I just need some time to… think.” She tried to reason. I chuckled yet again at her lame excuse for an explanation. She glared at me, making me hold in my chuckling.

“Embry, you’ve had enough time for thinking yesterday, that’s why I left you to yourself most of the day. Now, it’s time for you to get to know Atticus.” She looked at me, her eyes narrowing slightly. Huffing in defeat, she finally gave up.

“Fine… I’m not promising that he’ll be in one piece by the end of the day.” I smirked at that, but kept my mouth shut. Kam just rolled her eyes at Embry and then Dev motioned for me to follow Embry as she began walking down the hill.

Well, at least I don’t have a boring lover.