Chapter 4: Going down the rabbit hole

Classes started and the four friends were excited, nervous, freaked out and a lot more. They came to the Big Apple two weeks before school started and made the apartment Cameron found for them their home. Each had his or her own room, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room. Tris' room had a private bathroom and since all this wouldn't have been possible without her, the three friends decided to give their lead singer the master bedroom with the en-suite.

They loved it at Juilliard, despite how difficult some classes turned out to be. None of them ever backed down from a challenge. Divergent recorded their second album "Strong, Beautiful, Divergent" including the theme song for the movie. Cameron told them they would go on tour when they started their summer break and even planned for Caleb's wedding in June.

Tris found a new boyfriend. He was the same age as her and a well-known local lead singer in an alternative rock band. His name was Drew and Tris was head over heels in love with him. He was a rebel, just like her, he loved to write his own songs and create his own style, just like her, he hated social conventions, again, like her and he had a bourgeoisie family, just like her. His family couldn't understand his creativity and musical genius and so he decided to leave Boston, his hometown, and come to New York, because if he made it there he could make it anywhere. Tris was fascinated by him. It felt to her like she finally started breathing. The two of them spent every free minute together, but she kept her promise to her friends and didn't reveal their secret.

Time passed and Tris started changing. She was highly influenced by Drew who often took her to night clubs and bars. Tris was no stranger to weed, but one night, actually Valentine's, Drew took the now nineteen-year-old girl to a hot night club where they partied all night long. Or at least that's what he told her. Drew was no stranger to heavier narcotics and introduced Tris to them. She was reluctant to try out illegal substances like cocaine, but the look Drew gave her made her rethink her doubts and arguments. But since she was a newbie to it she had a blackout, and the next day, when she woke up, she found herself naked, cuffed to Drew's bed with him pleasuring her orally. She was not happy about that, but the way he handled her and made her feel good made her forgive him. She spent the day with him, never putting anything on and strutting around his studio apartment like God almighty created her.

It wasn't until she almost failed her musical history class with Eric Masterson that her uncle put his foot down. Eric called Cameron and explained the situation. Tris and Cameron had a huge fight and for a couple of nights she left the apartment and went to stay with Drew. Drew wasn't really happy about that, since he was in no mood to babysit his girlfriend who threw a tantrum because of her fight with her uncle. He invited her, however, to join him and his band to celebrate that one of his songs was played on national radio, but Tris didn't feel well. Instead of staying with her and taking care of her, the way a decent boyfriend should and would have done, Drew left her puking her guts out in his toilet.

Tris felt really bad and decided to watch a movie since she couldn't fall asleep. She wondered if Drew even had any movies. She took his laptop, which was on the coffee table, still turned on and looked for video files. But instead of finding movies she found something very disturbing. She was certainly no prude and occasionally watched porn to get off too, but Drew took this to a whole new level. However, that wasn't all she found there. There were numerous videos of him and her having sex. She watched them incredulously. How could he? How dare he film her like that? She watched disgusted as he repeatedly filmed them having sex, he even smiled at the camera and some videos were labeled "my hot girlfriend giving me a bj" or "wild thing" or "Uranus". She was disgusted. The nausea she felt before came back ten times worse and she had a very hard time breathing. As she looked through all of them she wondered why he would do that. And then she found a video file with her name on and marked "Valentine's Bang". Tris' blood ran cold when she saw the title. She didn't know if she wanted to open that file or not. Curiosity won over and she clicked it open. She recognized herself lying on the bed still in the outfit she wore on Valentine's and then three guys, one of them Drew, came into the frame. They undressed themselves first and then her. Even in her drunken or drugged state she saw that she knew that what was going on was wrong and even tried to fight them off. But they were stronger than her and grabbed her harshly. She remembered the next day seeing marks on her body but Drew assured her they had a wild night. Yeah, it was wild, brutal and humiliating. The three men took her over and over again despite her pleads and cries. Horrified, she watched herself being raped by the three men and tears ran down her cheeks. She couldn't believe it. Drew seemed such a nice guy, but all he was, was a liar and a rapist.