19 Beach Escape

In the next half an hour we had successfully escaped my house, assured that I was safe when we saw my Dad heading into a hotel with a girl, and turned up at the beach.

The car journey was the same as the usual ones. Full of screaming along to random lyrics, and nearly turning deaf. I have a feeling that every drive with these guys will be like this.
And that's totally fine.

By the time we were at the beach the waves were big! I was so sad I couldn't go out. And apparently it was obvious.

Nick rubbed his hand on my head messing up my hair. "Sad? Shame you can't go out, hu?"

"You can take the spare one, used to be Matts." Joe says as he hand the board to me and gets two more off the car.

"Thank you!" My eyes light up and Noah takes the board from me offering to carry it.

"Come on Ash ,the water awaits." He takes my hand and we run down to the beach the other three boys following behind.

I woop and take a step onto the sand still running hand in hand with the blonde boy.
The beach is quite rocky, but it beautiful. This is exactly what I need. An escape from it all. I just hope it won't be long before I can be free and I won't have to sneak out.

Soon enough Noah's face falls flat on the floor tripping over a rock. His hand pulls me down with him and we land face to face. We giggle for a while and then silence falls and his eyes flash to my lips and back.

"Use protection kids!" Nicks voice booms out and literally stops my heart as I realise what was happening.

I fly up and grab my board. Next thing I know I'm slapping Nick and storming off to find a spot to lay down my things and head in.

I let it all sink in, slowly. What happened. How I felt. What could of happened. I think of the scenarios.
Oh my god.
One thing hit me harder than the others.
How I felt.

I think back to when my heart was racing, skin slightly tingling, his warm body radiating against mine.
Do I like him?
I thought I wanted it as just friends. What was wrong with me?

I'm I taking this the wrong way or not?

I groan in frustration, heading off into the ocean hearing the guys telling Nick 'that was not cool man' or something like that.

~*~~*~

Twenty minuets raced while I was out, literally feeling like two minutes. I had caught a series of waves, a couple tubes the rest just really big.
As I make my way back out I see Joe and Matt ahead of me.

"You ok?" I hear a voice and snap my head around to see Noah just centimetres away from me.

"Yeah." I say unsure what else to think or even say. I speed up my paddle, heading out unnecessarily deep.

If Noah's eyes were lazes I think my ass would be roasting right now and its not comfortable for me. Fortunately I see a wave and I turn.

When we all get out its around lunch time. Joe, Matt, and I have all put on sunscreen before heading out, and we all had received a nice tan.
Noah however had not.
His skin was searing red and had an awful sunburn. Nick just said it was his fault and he should have the same skin as him that never get sun burnt, or at least put sun cream on.
After that Noah just told him to piss off and Joe and Matt went to buy some sun cream with Noah.

"Hey princess, put some sun cream on my back."

"Nope!" I say, kicking the stones.