39 Waking Up

•*• Nick Hunter•*•

I walked away from Ash tears streaming down my face. I didn't mean to shout at her, I just...
Thinking about my Dad isn't so easy to do.

A drink would be great right now.
And I'm seriously considering it.
But I can't.

I sigh and sit outside staring into space. When I stare in silence, it can take a while for me to snap out.
Like a long time.

And that's what I do. For the next 20 minuets or so I just stare into space. Nothing on my mind.
Tears gone.
Just staring into space.

But it doesn't last. I soon see Ash's figure storm out of the doors and head to the bench I was sitting on. She stops and stares at me with an apologetic look.
She starts to rushes closer to me, her expression not changing one bit. Ash almost collapses on the seat next to next dropping her head into my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Nick." She says nuzzling her head into the crook of my neck.

I feel a small wet drop land on my shirt and realise she's crying.
"Hey." I chuckle lightly. "Hey, it's fine, baby girl." I smile and kiss her on the top of her head.

I feel her cheeks burn up against my skin and laugh silently to myself knowing I made her blush.

"What's going on, princess. I'm ok you know that, come on smile for me." I say as she lifts her head up and gives me a small smile.

"Sorry." She mumbles.

"Your forgiven. You always are. You know that." I say.

"I didn't know that." She replies.

"Well now you do. Can you kiss me better?" I smirk.

"You wish." She says parting from me. Her warmth leaving making me feel a bit empty some reason.

"I do indeed. Now you gonna tell me what you do upset about or do I have to find out myself."

"Alec." She look down.

"What did the son of a bitch do now?" I tense up.

"Erm, he-" she was about to answer when Joe and Matt run out the doors.

"Nick,AshNearlyGotRapedByAlecAndWeTriedHelpingButSheRanOff. And- oh she's here." Matt rushes his words so I almost couldn't make them out.

I laugh, "yeah she's fine." Then I let it all sink in. "Wait, what?" I boil.

He nearly raped her?!
What kind of sick guy is he?!

"She didn't tell you?" Joe asks and I shake my head looking at her.

"Yeah. Ella's trying to find Ash, Aaron's with her trying to calm her down. Dude she nearly got raped and she's calmer than all of us!" Matt shouts, getting looks from people.

"I'm gonna kill th-" I start to walk off muttering word under my breath when her warm hand grabs mine and I look back at her, her face sincere.

"Don't, please. Can we just go?" She asks.
I think about it for a moment looking into her deep eyes nearly getting lost in myself.