58 Birthday Surprises

*Ash's presents*

I shot up.

Finally!
I was eighteen!
I could drink at clubs with my friends-
Wait, this is America. Not England.

Despite my minor let down, I jumped out of my bed, probably a bit to excitedly.

I ran down stairs in my beach top, that quoted;

'If you can't surf,
Learn!'

And beach shorts.Yeah I know a lot of beach, but it's comfy.

For my birthday my Mum always made the same; pancakes!

I know, I know. I get very exited on my birthdays. In fact, once I ran down stairs and ended up falling down the steps yet still wanted to carry out my normal birthday routine; be with friends and surf.

Rushing down stairs, I made sure that i didn't make the same mistake I did for my sixteenth birthday, and managed to read the end in one peace.

That was until I reached the kitchen.

"Surprise!" Six people jumped out from behind the wooden counter, causing me to jump back and hit my head on the door frame.

Hey at least I'm keeping with the tradition of being hurt every year!

Which, by the way was totally true.

I smiled at my best friends and my family.
"Thanks and all, but why are you guys here?" I chuckled.

"I figured, since you were all going to the carnival, why not also say happy birthday now?" Mum explained.

"Thank you mum!" I hugged her before hugging my seven year old brother.

"Ashely, get your as-" Ella stopped her self from saying her last word by slamming her hand on her mouth. "Your bottom, over here and open my present to you!"

"Ok," I laughed. "Mum?" I looked back.

"It's fine! We'll do our traditions when you come back, right now you have to open presents and go to school, they want you in at the normal time to take you to the carnival."

"Thank you." I blew a kiss and headed over to my friends.

"What did you get me?!" I squealed.

"You'll have to open it." Nick said.

"No shit Sherlock." I said making sure my mum wasn't around with Jack.

I opened the box Ella passed to me and saw a small picture frame. Lifting it out I could see the picture that lay inside it.

It was a picture of Ella and I, when we were ten, dressed in the same shorts but different tops. We had our hair in a ponytail and wore the same glasses.
Ten year old Ella and I sat, one leg over the other, hands on our knee and smiles on our faces, under a gazebo that our mums set up on the beach one day.

I giggled at the memory.
"Ella, thank you so much!" I hugged her.

"Oh and," she pulled out a white vest top. "I saw you looking at it when we first met here."

"Ha ha. Thank you!" I hugged her again.

"Our turn!" Joe and Matt chorused,

I ripped open their wrapping paper and saw a ocean blue T-shirt saying;

Surf
Sleep
Repeat

I smiled at the boys, deciding that it would be my new beach shirt rather than this old one.

"Thank you!" I hugged them both.

"Right. Now their crappy presents have been opened, come see mine." Nick took my hand and dragged me to my front garden.

I honestly had no idea what I was doing. I just stood their looking around, looking for something different.

All I notice was my board was on a different place.

My board!

I realised that my precious Malabo Board had the rightful, three fins. Nick gave it back!

"Happy birthday!" He picked it up.

"You gave me my fun back for my birthday?" I laughed.

"No, I got you a surf board for your birthday." He corrected.

"What?"

"Well, I saw this board at an auction thing my mum made me go to and it was in great condition and cheap. Not to mention all three fins!" He passed it to me.

I took the board from him and noticed some black writing on the back, causing me to turn it around.

Wake up
And
Live

"Oh yeah, I also did that." Nick told me.

I felt a huge smile creep into my face. Why would the do all that for me?

"Thankyou." I said.

"No problem, where's my hug?" He held out his arms. I rolled my eyes but hugged him any way.

So far this was a great birthday.

The question was, would it stay this way?

__________________________

Hi! So books almost come to and end :(
But! I have two more ideas for new books:
One about Ella and Joe and how they fell for each other. (So yes, Ashley and Nick and Matt will be in it, that also includes Aaron!)

Or:

The book I have all ready talked about; Protective of the Wrong Girl.
About a girl, Tulip, who the whole school hates. But one guy always stood by her side and it was the best friend of the person that hates her the most, Ryder.

Any way: please vote! I can not choose!!