Saturday 1:49pm

Today was really pretty out. I decided I should go get paint for my room. It's was windy out, but sunny, and it was just great. I picked out the quote, and all the colors.

I drove to the closest Walmart, I told the guy the exact colors I wanted. I put them in my car, I checked my phone before turning on the car.

I pulled into the driveway. I got up and opened the trunk. There was a light tap on my shoulder, I turned around. It was Kyle, "Hey Alex."

"Hi," I said awkwardly. We haven't talked since Monday, even though he does live down the street from me. I grabbed the gallon and pint of paint.

"Can I help you?" He asked me, he started cracking a smile.

It made me smile too, "Fine but you carry the paint."

He laughed, taking the paint away from me. I told him that my parents weren't home.

We went up to my room, I grabbed all my paint stuff. We pushed all my stuff in the middle of the room.

I got a Emerald color and then in the pint was black for the lettering. Kyle poured it and handed my a paint brush.

"I have a question," he turned to me looking at him.

"Yeah?"

"How do you speak so well, it must be hard." He kinda asked.

"My dad makes me. He doesn't believe I'm dead so I had to learn how to. Me and my mom sign to each other," I explained.

"Man, that sucks. I'm sorry," he gave me a small smile before looking down.

"You want to know what's great?" I asked him, as I painted.

Okay of the corner of my eye I seen him say "What?"

"After all these schools that I went to. You're the first person who actually cared," I smiled.

"That's kinda sad but thanks," he chuckled.

"Well I never stayed around long enough," I continued painting. "Thank you, Kyle," I kinda smiled to my self.

Once we finished with the first coat, Kyle asked, "when are your parents coming home?"

"Not till around midnight," I sat on my bed, "why?"

"Why do you come over to my house for dinner? My mom wanted to match a name with a face," he shrugged. "But you don't have to its fine," he sat down next to me.

"I'd love to," I smiled. It would get me away from the drama this house always brings.

"We should probably start heading over there then," he grabbed his shoes.

I slipped on mine and grabbed an old flannel. I left my room door open for the paint to dry faster.

We walked down the street to his house, he opened the door. Right when I walked in, it actually felt like a family home. Not like the one I live in, there was love, I guess you could say.

A lady walked over to me, "Kyle is this Alexis?" She looked at me and then her son.

"Yes mom, we just got done painting. Can we clean up?" He asked.

She nodded, going back to the kitchen.

We went to the bathroom down the hall. We flicked water at one another.

We seen Kyle's mom come in the bathroom, "come on dinners ready."