Tuesday 3:24pm

I sat outside, while my parents yelled at each other. I don't get it, how do people who once were in love grow up hate one an other.

A shadow walked up, I looked up, "Alex? Why are you sitting outside?"

"They're yelling at each other, what do you want Kyle?" I asked.

"I needed to talk to you," he sat next to me.

"What are they yelling at each other?" I looked at my hands.

I looked at him, "she said she wants a divorce." He put his hand on my back, "come on," he pulled me up.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"My house, I don't want you around all this," I wrapped an arm around her.

[Kyle]

We started walking away, I heard the front door of her house. I turned around.

"Where the hell do you think you're going with my daughter?!" Her father shouted at me.

"As far away from you as I can get her," I put Alex behind me. No matter who it is I will always protect her.

"Like hell you are!" He tried to grab her arm.

"Sorry sir I can't let you do that. You've hurt her way to many times, and she's gave you so many chances. You blew all of them," I seen her mother come out of the house.

"She's my daughter!" He screamed.

"You don't own her. Maybe you'd actually be liked by your daughter, if you didn't continuously say she's lying about be deaf. But you just can get your head out of your ass to realize it," I turned around.

I left her dad standing there in shock as I took Alex to my house. I told my mom that there family problems again. Alex laid down on my bed, falling asleep.

I went back down to her house. One car was gone, I walked up to the front door and knocked.

Quickly the door opened, it was her mom, distraught. "Kyle correct?" She asked me.

"Yes ma'am," I answered her.

"My daughter is safe with you right now correct?" She verified.

"She's at my house with my mom and dad, sleeping," I informed her.

"Okay, here's a note give it to your mom," she handed me a note and a small bag. "Then this is for Alex, keep her at your house. Until the end of the week, I just need to get his name off the house."

I nodded and turned away, "Also Kyle..." I turned around. "Thank you for doing what you do," I nodded.

I walked away, going back to the house. I went to the kitchen giving my mom the note. "Yes she can definitely stay," my mom nodded. "You doing okay baby?" She asked me.

"Yeah, it's just I don't get how a father can resent his child for something that they can't change. Obviously her mom loves her, otherwise she'd make her go home right away. It just doesn't make sense," I shook my head.

"Doesn't make sense to me either, but for Alex, we'll watch after her. She lucky to have you," my mom rubbed my back.