four;

help me out -alicks

There were times where I always wondered, what ever happened to polite people? What ever happened to generous gentlemen?

It's like they all disappeared in the late 1800s. So far I haven't seen not one gentleman with my own eyes excluding Flynn. They're all extinct. It would be nice to meet at least one gentleman here in Beacon Hills.

After the last bell of the day sounded off I was at my locker ridding things I didn't need for homework tonight. I was going to get through it all in a breeze.

"Hey, new kid."

I didn't bother to question the voice because I already knew who was there. It was Malia Tate, friend of the strawberry blonde. I only knew this because they were hanging together at lunch today. I would've listened in on their conversation, but that's not what gentlemen do. I know her name because she sits next to me in Biology.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering, since you're like a complete genius in math, I need you to tutor me." She said with hopeful eyes.

"Not that I would mind or anything, but don't you have a friend of yours that can tutor you?"

Her aura flashed navy blue and white signaling she was sad, but her facial expression never budged to show it.

"I do, but my boyfriend is busy and my friend, Lydia, is kind of in meditation mode right now."

My eyes perked up at that name. "Lydia? Is that the strawberry blonde you were with at lunch?"

"Yeah, now, are you gonna help me or not?"

I had shut my locker letting her lead the way to the library. I was still new to the school, so I didn't know exactly where everything was. I've only been to the cafeteria once. Same with the principal's office.

Malia walked through the double doors of the library and chose to sit at a table near the back of the room.

"Tell me exactly what you need help with and I'll be happy to help."

Malia took out her supplies for math and opened her textbook to reveal a lot of red markings. Is that everything she does not know? Every note she's highlighted in red was very easy for me to comprehend and work out.

"I don't understand anything at all."

I stood there a bit dumb founded. She's a Junior and she knows nothing about math, maybe the basic addition problems, but that's about it. This was going to be a long tutoring session.

"Let's get to work."

Two hours into tutoring Malia she began to get the hang of things. I taught her Multiplication, Division, Linear Equations, Graphing, etc. Whoever taught her before was never patient with her. In order for Malia to learn things you had to be patient with her and take baby steps.

"Wow, thank you, Tate. I actually understand this gibberish for once." Malia smiled fiddling with her pencil.

"You are welcome."

I shut my text book and stuffed it into my bag. I've heard rumors about this Malia. People say she's been missing for years and is suddenly found naked in the woods by a bunch of teenagers. Now that I think about it, I can understand why Malia doesn't understand math. She's missed out on so much of it.

"Can we do this again another time? You're technique is really helping me."

"Of course. How about tomorrow night at my place?" I asked sliding the chair back under the table.

"Definitely. Give me your phone."

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket handing it to Malia. I think she and I will be great friends. For the past two hours we have joked around, but I still managed to teach a few lessons in the book. I feel like Malia will be my go to person when go and gets tough.

"Here, I think I'm gonna stay here for a little bit longer and study for that math quiz tomorrow."

"Okay, well, see ya tomorrow, Malia."

"Bye."

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and turned on my heels to leave the library, but something caught my eye. It was her, the strawberry blonde.

Lydia Martin.

I didn't know what to do

I didn't know what to do. She was approaching this table so fast. In my eyes she was flowing past everyone so smoothly. She just seemed so perfect.

"Hey, Tate? You alright?"

Malia nudged me, snapping me back into reality. I looked down at her to see a smirk plastered upon her face.

"Uh, yes. I'm fine. I should be going now."

I fumbled with my bag as I passed Lydia on my way out. She glanced at me as she gave me small smile.

Is she trying to kill me?