five;

don't let me go-reign

1864

Tonight was the First Annual Mystic Falls Ball, and father and I were invited. My father wanted to be there fashionably late. My older brother, Anakin, would've came, but he had duties to tend to with his bride.

"I hope you'll find yourself a bride tonight, Thaddeus. Your mother and I aren't getting any younger." Father said as we approach the steps of the Lockwood Mansion.

"And as I said before, father, you will receive another daughter-in-law just not at this very moment. I'm still a teenager. Can't I live life a little before settling down?"

Father sighed fixing his bow tie. "I suppose, but once you are legal, my child, I expect for  you to be ready to settle down with a lovely girl that'll carry on our tradition."

"Thank you, father."

"There he is. Mr. Xavier Quentin, and his handsome son, Thaddeus Quentin. I am so happy you two could make it." Mayor Lockwood announced in joy as he rushed over with his champagne glass.

"It's a pleasure to see you again Mayor." Father smiled as he shook Mayor Lockwood's hand.

"Come. Come. I have lots to catch you up on. Thaddeus, the Salvatore brothers are on the dance floor. Go and have a good time."

"Will do, sir."

I walked away from the two men and headed to the ball room. I honestly was not up to dance, but I was willing to hang out with my fellow peers for the night. I might even get a little drunk while I'm at it.

As I was to approach the boys someone bumped into me almost falling. As quickly as I could I grabbed this person before they could fall.

"Thank you, kind sir."

I managed to get a look at who was speaking, and may I say what a lovely smile she had.

"No need to thank me. It was my fault for not paying attention to where I was walking."

"Well, apology accepted."

We both laughed our my heart beating quicker by the second. She's such a beauty.

"I'm kind of glad I ran into you. It's not everyday a guy gets to meet such a dashing and gorgeous girl such as yourself."

She giggled making my heart flutter in awe. "Quite the charmer aren't we?"

"Only for you, my darling."

"I'm Katherine

"I'm Katherine. Katherine Pierce, but you may call me Katerina."

I gently grabbed her hand and placed a light kiss on the back of it. "So I shall. I am Thaddeus Quentin."

"Son of the famous and wealthy, Xavier  and Iris Quentin."

I only nodded. "Some say I am lucky, but I don't acknowledge it very much. What does anything have to do with me being wealthy. I just want be a normal kid."

"Noble I see."

"Very much so."

I could already tell she was going to be the death of me.