thirteen;

tides-jack and jack

1959

I had just arrived in Canada, and it was amazing. I was in Vancouver to be exact. I was here to get away from my problems. Rebekah, Katerina,...Klaus. I needed to get away from America for a while.

My new home was waiting for me just a few blocks away from the airport. I hailed a taxi and directed the driver to my house. When we pulled up I couldn't help, give myself a pat on the back.

"Nice job, Thaddeus." I told myself as I got out of the car.

With my money that I saved up for so long I was able to get a mansion down here in Canada

With my money that I saved up for so long I was able to get a mansion down here in Canada. To humans I came off as eighteen and legal, so I didn't need to worry about people riding my back about needing a legal guardian.

I waisted no time giving myself a tour of the house. Once I was inside I was greeted by one maid and one butler. I didn't need a chef. I can cook very well if you must know. You could say I'm a chef of my own. As the butler took my things up to my bedroom the maid and and took a tour of the house as we discussed pay checks amongst one another.

I was not going to be like those rich stuck up people and treat my employees as if they are rubbish. They are not int fact they are more than that. These are the people that make sure my house does not burn down while I'm away, so I should make sure I treat them with care. They are going to be living with me as they work for me. They are family now.

"And here you have you're lovely front yard that the gardener worked so hard on." The maid, Arabella, stated we came to a holt in the front of my home.

"Lovely? Why it is beyond gorgeous, my dear Arabella. Care to tell me the name of the professional that has a love for gardens."

Arabella gave me a small smile belfry speaking their name. "Miss Hermione Sullivan, sir. She volunteered to grow you a beautiful garden the day she found out they were building a house right across from her home."

"Well, I think that it's only right to go over and thank her, and maybe even invite her and her entire family to dinner tonight as well."

"That is perfectly fine with me."

Arabella made her back inside to continue her daily duty waving me out front. This Hermione person must've been really desperate to plant another garden if she volunteered to grow one for my property. I'm glad she did. It made my front yard look ten times better.

In just a minute I was across the street making sure my tailored suit was still nice on me. No matter who you meet you always have to look good.