fourteen;

hell of a night-schoolboy q

2001

It's been forty miserable years since I've lost Alfred. I haven't found a greater friend than him. I never will. He will always be the guy with the witty comments. He made my day even when I was angry at him.

Tonight my colleague, Flynn Paxton, was dragging me to some night club to get my mind off of everything I've been through. Flynn's this rouge vampire I met while in New York. He saved me from getting jumped by a group of newborn vampires back in 1998.

Ever since we've been close to each other. I've told him some of my past stories and he's told me some of his. He claims we both need to just let loose tonight and forget about the past.

The moment we stepped into the club it became hot instantly. Lucky thing Flynn and I wore muscle tees.

"I'll catch up with you later, Tate. I'm gonna walk around."

With that he left leaving me by the entrance. I made my way over to the bar and sat down. I didn't feel like drinking tonight. Mainly because I didn't want to feel like shit in the morning.

"Hey, Tate."

"Hey, Maggie

"Hey, Maggie."

I gave her small smile trying not to stare. I didn't want to come off as creepy. She was definitely a beauty. That dress wasn't making me turned off either.

Maggie attends the same highschool as Flynn and I. We're all Seniors. Some more times than others.

 Some more times than others

"Want to dance?"

Before I could reply I found my self being pulled onto the dance floor by her. Everything was happening too fast. I didn't drink anything, so don't know why everything seemed so fuzzy around me.

As she grinded against me I could feel myself getting turned out. I rested my face in the crook if her neck as her un bearing scent surrounded me. I could feel my veins popping out from under my eyes.

Before I knew it, I blacked out.

(This video is an example of what happened after Tate woke up the next day.) 😌

"Maggie?"

"Yeah?" She asked strutting back in the room.

"What are you?" I asked afraid of the answer.

"I'm not like you that's for sure. I'm something way worse. Remember when you touched me you became light headed and felt like passing out?" She asked with a smirk.

"Yeah."

"That's my ability, Tate. I can knock out and seduce a man with one single touch." She explained inching towards me again.

"I-I don't know."

"C'mon, Tate you should get the hint. My voice is too alluring for you. I can make you weak at the knees with just a single note."

Then it hit me like a hammer.

"You're a Siren."