Chapter 2

Emilia's POV

"Don't even play stupid." I rolled my eyes, I honestly hate him so much. I hate how he's acting like he's the victim, as if I did something to him..

*Flashback*

It was the almost the end of Eighth grade, A month before the dance

A month before we graduate

and we're off to High school.

I was at my locker, it was the end of the day and my Homeroom teacher came up to me. "Emi! I have a huge favor for you to do," He told me "Yeah Mr.G? Whats up?" I smiled.

I was always shy and quiet, and I loved dancing, It's how I expressed myself. ever since I was a baby, Music would come on and I'd dance like theres no tomorrow. Unlike now, I hatched from my shell. 

Anyways back to the actual flashback. I did anything my teacher wanted me to do, I was just that type of person. I wasn't a teacher's pet, I just. I don't know respected people?

"We have a new student he's coming from Cuba, and I want you to show him around the school for a week or two, help him out." "Yeah Mr.G, I'll help him." I nodded "Great come to school tomorrow at 7:45"

The next morning I came in and He was in there, He was so gorgeous, Is it even possible we're the same age? His eyes were green, and they were full of color, unlike mine. They were just gray. His hair was all spiked up, and he wore Jeans with a blue shirt and a gray hoodie

"Hola me llamo Erick." He smiled. Oh my god his accent. I only spoke spanish at home I avoided everything not to speak spanish at school. "Hola me llamo Emilia, pero me puedes llamar Emi." He shocked my hand, and I showed him around the school. I showed him the basic things and kept everything I said short and simple. I hid in my sweater, and my voice was quiet and humble "Porque no hablas mucho." He asked me and he stopped midway and he looked me straight in the eyes. "Porque solo hablo Español en la casa y yo soy timida." I was quiet, staring at the ground. He picked up my chin, so I'm looking up at him, "No necesitas hacer timida conmigo, soy tu amigo." His eyes are burning into mine, as if it was a promised he needed to keep, just as if, his life depended on it. Thats how our friendship started, we hung out everyday that summer and did everything together. 

Oh how the times have changed

*Flashback Over*

"I'm not." He smirked, Which drove me insane, not even in the good way, It made me feel frustrated, like if playing with my feelings were a game. 

I just wanted this conversation to be over, Why did I even agree to be apart of this? Why did I ever come back?

You know why.. The voice crept in my head, but I immediately dismissed it 

"Well when you find out then, we can talk." I turned away quickly and left

Erick's POV

So she just left? I put my hands through my hair and sigh. This is going to be tough, to get her to speak. Maybe if I wasn't acting cocky, then she would've stayed. I grabbed my stuff and went into the car.

When I needed time to think or needed advice I'd call my mom. I didn't really wanna talk to the boys about it, because it was just in the past. You mean before La Banda I grabbed my phone and dialed her number "Hi Erick, how are you mijo?" " Good mom, Can I come over? I need to ask you something." "Claro, come right over." I hung up the phone and started driving to her house. When I got there I went into my old room and my mom joins me.

"You remember Emilia Castrillio?" I asked

"Aye, Ella era tan dulce y tímida, ella era tan amable." She seemed so happy talking about her, as if it was her daughter. she went up on my dresser and pulled out a photo book, and she pointed at the picture when it was her birthday, and I shoved cake all over her face. "La amebas."

"Aye Mami, Asi no pues." I chuckled and started blushing a little 

"Si Mijo, Es verdad. No recuerdas?" She started flipping to pages in the book and she stopped on the last picture, and pointed. 

What I've blocked out for the past almost 4-5 Years, and its back.