Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

ANDEE'S POV

"What do you want." My best friend demands over the phone.

"Can you bring me lunch please?" I pout even though she can't see me.

"Ugggh...." She groans playfully. "What do you want for lunch?" she sighs.

"Can you get me a sandwich? Oooh... and a pickle!" I squeal.

"You're so weird..." she mumbles. I smile while she tells me that she'll be here in thirty minutes.

When she comes in my door to my office she doesn't look happy.

"Have I ever told you how amazing and beautiful and wonderful and flawless and..." I go on and on until she cuts me off.

"Shut up." she rolls her eyes and plops our food down on my desk.

"But I." but she cuts me off again.

"Just shut up and eat the damn food I bought you!" she laughs. "You should be thankful I actually brought you this! I had to get out of my pajamas for this." She raises her eyebrows and I laugh.

"If you had a job you would have to get out of your pajamas all the time." I point out.

"Yes yes I know... I'm working on that." she waves her hands around dramatically before taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Do you have any ideas yet?" I ask.

"Right now I'm going back and forth between exotic animal trainer, Broadway singer and pole dancer." She answers sarcastically, making me laugh.

"Well yeah of course. But based off of your experience and what I saw last night I think pole dancer is the best option." I play along and she swats me.

"Oh hush! You know I was terrible at that..." she blushes and I laugh more at her. At our girls night last night Cal and Ev taught us some moves and Ess was horrible at it. We were just playing around and having fun but it was hysterical when the boys showed up. We didn't bother to explain, we figured they'd draw their own conclusions.

"I know, I'm just messing with you." I laugh. "You could always run a daycare, you love kids!" I shrug.

"I've thought of that before." She nods before taking another bite.

"Have you thought of applying to a bakery or something like that?" I ask through my sandwich, she'll probably yell at me for my manners.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." She rolls her eyes and I laugh. "I've thought of that too. I just feel stuck... I don't know what to do." She sighs and I nod. I've always known what I've wanted to do with my life but Ess is different. She had trouble finding what she wanted to do and she still struggled with it sometimes, even when she had it figured it out. "Ugh.." she glances at her phone. "I have to go." She sighs and stands up.

"Why?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Niall's taking me to a tennis match..." she sighs and I laugh. "I hate tennis..." she pouts.

"Why didn't you tell him?" I giggle.

"He just seemed so excited about it..." she looks down. That's my best friend for you, always thinking of others.

"Well good luck with that! I have to walk around on swollen feet." I point down at my fat feet and she laughs.

"Have fun with that babe." She blows a kiss and opens my door.