Chapter 10

A/N: I attached a pic of Josh's house. Well, not actually his house... Just the house in the story. Ok.... Yeah.... Hope you like this chapter!! :P

xo

~Lane~

Emily's P.O.V.

I looked at Josh's house. It was huge.

"Like it?" I heard him say from behind me. I spun around and realized he was holding all of my stuff to take inside, and also his.

"It's unbelievable!" I said as I took my stuff from him and we walked inside.

The inside took my breath away even more than the outside. It was pretty modern. I dropped my bags. Then, my phone rang. It was Jess.

"Jess! Guess what!!" I squealed.

"I have news too, but yours is probably better than mine so you go first."

"Oh, ok. Well, I'M IN VANCOUVER! Josh and I are living together for the summer!"

"Emily, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you guys!"

"Thanks! So, whats your news?"

"Me and matt broke up..."

"Why?!" I gasped.

"He said that there was someone else... someone in Vancouver...." she sniffled.

"Aww, I'm so sorry. When I get back in September we'll go out for ice cream and have a sleepover ok?"

"Thanks Emily."

"No problem! I'll talk to you later." I hung up.

"Whats wrong?" Josh asked.

"Jess and Matt broke up. He said there was another girl."

"That sucks. I kinda shiped them." he frowned.

"Me too."

"Anyway, do you want a tour?" he said, putting his arms around my waist.

"Yes please!" I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him.

"Well you're currently in the living room."

"Really? I didn't realize!" I joked. The living room was beautiful. White walls with a wood floor, blue couches, a coffee table and a huge flat screen tv.

He grabbed my hand and led me to the kitchen, then the rest of the first floor, then we went upstairs.

"So in that door is the second bathroom." he said pointing to the door. "And this is your room." he led me to a bedroom that was kinda plain, but it had a cute bed with a black and white checked blanket. I didn't know I was going to have my own room... I pouted and looked at him. 

"I wasn't done!" he laughed. "This will be your room IF you want it. I mean, you can sleep on the couch if you want." he teased. I laughed and lightly punched him.

He picked me up bridal style and took me to another bedroom.

"This is my bedroom."

It was so cool. There were guitars and posters all over the walls, an awesome bed, and a huge fish tank on one of the walls that was filled with tons of tropical fish.

"Woah." My jaw dropped as he put me down.

"I'm glad you like it. It's where you'll be sleeping." he chuckled.

"Oh, and where are you gonna sleep?" I teased.

He flopped down on his bed. "With you, madame!" he said, patting the bed beside him for me to come lie down with him. I fell down beside him and we just lay there for a bit.

"You know, I've never actually heard you sing." he said. He got up and grabbed an acoustic guitar from a stand in the corner of the room. 

"Jooooooshhhhhh I don't waaaaant toooooo" I whined as he passed it to me. 

"Please? For me?" he looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

I sighed. "Fine."

I sat up and grabbed the guitar.

"Sing with me?" I said as I started strumming the chords to Good To You.

He smiled, sat down beside me and started singing.

"Everyone's around, no words are coming now.

And I can't find my breath, can we just say the rest with no sound.

And I know this isn't enough, I still don't measure up.

And I'm not prepared, sorry is never there when you need it.

And now I do want you to know I hold you up above everyone.

And now I do want you to know I think you'd be good to me

And I'd be so good to you.

I would..."

I took a deep breath.

"I thought I saw a sign, somewhere between the lines.

Maybe it's me, maybe I only see what I want.

And I still have your letter just got caught between someone I just invented, who I really am and who I've become."

He smiled and we sang the rest together.

"...I'd be so good to you."

"You're amazing." he smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled back and leaned in to kiss him.

Just as our lips were about to touch, we heard a noise coming from downstairs.

Josh's P.O.V.

I wonder what that noise was... I stood up and walked to the door. 

"Stay here." I said to Emily as I walked out. I went downstairs and realized the front door was wide open. Weird. I looked around the first floor just to make sure everything was ok. Then, I heard a scream coming from upstairs.

A/N: :O don't hate me :P

K. MAYBE JOSH SHOULD BE A LITTLE MORE CAREFUL AND NOT LEAVE HIS DAMN DOOR OPEN!! God. Also, I'm sorry I broke Matt and Jess up!! Don't worry. It's for a good cause. I think. Lol. I'll update soon. :) comment below what u think happened!!