Chapter 12

Josh's P.O.V.

My head shot up as the doctor called my name. I walked over to him.

"Follow me." He led me into a room and told me to sit down. I held my breath as he spoke.

"So, she needed 23 staples in total in her head. She had multiple deep cuts on her scalp..." he trailed off.

"Is she ok?" I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

"Mr. Ramsay.... I'm sorry to tell you this but... she's in a coma... and we can't predict when she'll wake up..." he looked at me with sympathy.

I paused for a moment, taking in his words. "Can I see her?" I finally spoke.

He nodded and led me to her room.

"I'll let you go in alone. Call if you need anything." he said as he walked away. 

I took a deep breath and opened the door, expecting the worst.

I saw her, my one true love, lying on the hospital bed, attached to hundreds of wires. The tears came back. I pulled up a chair next to the bed. I took her hand and kissed it.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault..." I sobbed.

I sat there for a while. Other than my crying, the only sounds I could here were the beeping of the heart monitor, and the occasional P.A. announcement. I thought about Emily's parents. They were gonna kill me. I think I should wait to call them... just until I figure out how long Emily will be like this. 

I looked at her. She looked beautiful, even under the circumstances. I was still holding her hand. I leaned over her and brushed my free hand on her cheek. Then, I kissed her forehead.

"I love you." I whispered as more tears came. I knew she couldn't hear me, but I wanted to tell her. Just in case.

Matt's P.O.V.

I took Monica's hand and us and rest of the guys went to Emily's room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard Josh's voice.

We all came in.

"How is she?" Ian asked.

"They don't know when she'll wake up..." he replied.

I've never seen Josh like this. Even when he went through... stuff... a while ago. He's never been so down. I knew that he really loved Emily more than he ever loved Amanda.

"Sorry but, can you guys please leave? I need to be alone with her right now...." he didn't even look up once the whole time we were here.

"Yeah." I said as we all left the room.

"Monica, can you take Kim and Megan to get coffee? I need to talk to the guys about some stuff..." I trailed off.

"Sure." she smiled. She kissed me and walked away with Megan and Kim.

"I'm really worried about him." I sat down and started talking to Mike and Ian.

"We all are, man." Ian frowned.

"No, I mean, I'm worried that he might go back to..." i stopped and sighed.

"He wouldn't." Mike looked at me.

"I've never seen him like this. And I've known him forever. He's never been this down. I think he might."

"We have to make sure he doesnt. One of us has check up on him a lot while all of this is going on." Ian declared.

We all nodded and agreed to take shifts checking up on Josh.

Then the girls came back.

Josh's P.O.V.

*An hour later* 

"Excuse me sir, visiting hours are over." a nurse said as she came into the room.

"Can I please just stay here tonight? Please?" I begged.

"I'm sorry sir, I can't let you-"

"Please. I love her and I want to spend every second I can with her." I interjected.

"Fine." she sighed as she left the room.

I hadn't let go of her hand once. It was sweaty, but I didn't care. I wanted to grab her, kiss her over and over again, hold her close and never let her go. But I couldn't. I would mess up all the shit that she was attached to. Fuck it. I carefully leaned over her and kissed her lips.

"You're my perfect porcelain." I whispered. I sat back down in the chair and eventually fell asleep with her hand still in mine.

A/N:                Damn.

comment your thoughts below.

xo

~Lane~

P.S. this chapter is for MonicaHoran98 too <3