Sacrifices

Another fire, this one was worse than the last one.The flames on this one were bright, hot, and bigger than the house itself. Both kids stood in awe and so did everyone else who gathered around. It's so beautiful and hypnotizing yet also frightening. Almost everyone on the sidewalk was captivated as if they were they were in a trance. They both stood there for another minute or two until they came back to their senses. Raven looked at Danny and he nodded, signaling her to go in. She went on through the window. The flames engulfed her but it didn't burn her at all. She misses being able to feel certain things, like her mothers touch when she couldn't fall asleep, or the amazing hugs she would give. She missed every little thing about her mother and her old house. The deer would come around and lay with her in the grass, the babies would curl up in her lap and she would pet them until they fell asleep, sniffing the flowers, listening to the breeze. Those days were just so peaceful compared to her hectic life now. She snapped out of her trance realizing that she was in the middle of the room with flames surrounding her body. She found a child, it looked like a girl. She walked up to her. The girl was crying over two scorched bodies. Raven kneeled down and whispered to the girl.

"Hello?"

The girl turned around and faced her. Both girls were in complete shock.

"Can you see me?"

"Yes, who are you?"

The little girl had a shaky tone to her voice, you can tell she was scared. Raven was also scared. This was the first person, besides Danny, who could see her. She quickly snapped back to reality.

"Oh, um my names Raven, i can to save you."

"I'm Alex. What about my mom and dad?"

"I'm sorry but theres nothing i can do for them. Come on i'll help you put."

She tried to bring Alex out but she pulled her arm away and stayed.

"I can't just leave them, I won't leave them! I'd rather die here with them than live a life without them."

Raven was shocked and was left without words. The girl clinged to her parents lifeless, chared bodies. Alex began to burn a little, she whimpered and screamed in pain. Raven watched in horror as another inocent person was killed because of this man. She walked out camly. Danny walked away from the house a little with her.

"What happened, were there any survivors? What happened, why are you crying?"

"There was a little girl, her name was Alex. Her parents burned but she wouldn't come with me, she said she wouldn't leave them like that."

More tears silently fell from her cheeks. He put his arm around her, telling her that everything is alright. She just couldn't live with knowing that she failed at trying to keep someone safe.

A/N: sorry it's late but testing was really hard