Chapter Two: Dog Girl

When I woke up the next morning I was still sleepy. I stayed up to about 3a.m unpacking and moving things around. Today I would go shopping for food, and get my dog out the pound. Before I left I took a shower. I put on washed out skinny jeans with a light blue sweater.

As I left my apartment I sneaked a look over to his door. Last night's scene flashed in my head. I was just hoping I wouldn't see him again. I got on the elevator and began to press the button until someone walked in. Not again!

He didn't say a word until the elevator stopped. He got off and started walking to the doors. I made sure and stayed my distance. When I finally got outside I took in the air. It was going to be a nice day, I could tell.

Going to the pound was my first thing after getting paid. When I got my dog back he wouldn't stop licking me. I knew he would also love his new place. I brought him back to the apartment and paid for more of my rent. I decided to take my doggie to my room. As I walked to the elevator he was there again. This was starting to get creepy. I just walked in and stayed in my corner. But my dog wouldn't stop going up to him wagging his tail.

My mouth dropped when I seen him smile and started petting him. I started really looking at him. He was extremely cute, especially when he smiled. His smile made my heart flutter.

"What's his name?" He asked.

It was the first time he spoke kindly which made me smile like a idiot.

"He doesn't have a name." I said.

"Why not? You have a name. I have a name. Everyone deserves a name." He said. He picked up my doggie playing with him.

"I always felt like if I gave him a name it would have been harder for me if I lost him. He was just a stray I found."

He looked up at me confused.

"But I'm going to give him a name now. Now that I can bring him inside, he's going to get a bed and a name."

"You better name him something nice. Here." He handed me my dog as the elevator stopped. When the doors open he got off. I followed. Before he went inside his room I asked a question.

"What would you name him?" I asked.

It took him a second to answer. At first I didn't think he would answer.

"Dooman." He said.

(Dooman means 만두 or dumpling)

"Dooman. Why that name?"

"You asked me a question, I gave you my answer. He's the same color as dumplings." He walked inside closing the door behind.

"Dooman? Do you like the name?" I asked him. He licked my face and I took that as a yes. Inside my apartment he went crazy. Smelling everything. I just smiled.

I would have never thought a complete stranger would be the one to name my dog. But after calling him that I started to like it. Around 3 o'clock I decided to go shopping for food. 

~~~

I was almost done shopping when I noticed dog toys and picked up two. Also a box of snacks. When I was checking out I looked outside the window. I needed to hurry up and get home. The sun was already going down. I paid for my thing and started rushing home. Less than 2 blocks away from the apartment I noticed my neighbor. He was walking to a abandoned building.

My curiosity got the best of me so I followed. Even though I was holding five bags I was able to follow him with out him noticing. I found a cracked open window and looked through it to see him. As I started to see other people I noticed something was up.

"They keep coming back. And we are losing members. Another five members left this week! We are down to 9 members." A boy yelled at him.

"Jhope this is starting to get serious. It's us against them. We are out number." Another guy said to him.

Was Jhope his name?

"We are no longer that gang that ruled the streets." Another said.

"Shut up! I'm thinking." Jhope said.

Gang! Did he just say gang! My neighbor is in a gang!

This was getting a little to serious. I needed to go. I started getting up really quietly trying not to make a sound until Dooman's toy went off. That load squeak. I started walking faster until someone caught my arm.

"Who are you?" A boy asked me.

"A student who has school tomorrow! A dog at home who needs food! A girl who needs to live!" I have this flaw when I get scared or nervous I talk to fast.

"Who's there?" I heard Jhope's voice. I quickly covered my face with the shopping bags.

"A girl. I don't know why." The boy said.

I could feel Jhope coming closer so I took a step back. I didn't know there was a log and fell. My bags fell to my side. I held my leg as it hurt in pain. I swear I didn't see that log here a minute ago!

"You!" Jhope yelled pointing at me.

"You know her!" The boy asked.

"Yeah shes that new neighbor. The dog girl I was telling you about on the phone." Jhope said.

Dog girl!

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
Hehe! The name Dooman was my roommates dog name!
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰