Chapter Three: I Can't Fall in Love

Jhope's POV ~

How did she find this place? Why is she here? How am I going to deal with this? All these questions were running through my head. But at the moment I needed to calm her down. She looked like she was a second away from crying. And a crying girl in front of me would never happen. I walked up to her and hugged her. Something in me said to hug her. I know in this situation it wasn't the proper thing to do but I wanted her to understand she wasn't in danger.

"Um.." She pulled away fast.

"Out of curiosity you followed me. Understanding, but what did you hear." I asked. She looked down at the ground. I could tell by her not giving eye contact she heard. Great. Our gang tried so hard to keep girls out of it. I always told the members if the want to date then they have to leave. It's to keep them safe and away from this life.

"What are we going to do?" Chris asked.

"I don't know. I've got to think. First the members than this! What else can happen." I was so frustrated.

"I can just pretend I didn't hear anything, and keep living the life I have." She started to back up.

"Wait." I snap my fingers at her. She froze.

"I'm going home. We'll talk about this tomorrow." I told the others. I walked up to her and we started walking home.

Jihye's POV ~

I didn't say anything as we walked home, and I didn't think he would. So when he did I jumped.

"You don't have the be scared every time I talk. I'm not a monster." He snapped.

"No but I've seen what gangs do on tv." I said.

"We aren't like that." He spoke so soft almost like a whisper. 

"I believe you." I tried to say without stuttering.

"Yeah. Well. I still don't know what to do. No girl has ever seen us...in our gang." He said.

"You seem like a quiet gang. More like superheroes, than villains." I let out a small laugh. He smiled.

"You could put us that way. But we aren't rainbow and unicorns. We've done some bad things before. But since the other gang started coming into town we've lost  70 members." He sounded sad. But the last thing he said made me stop in my place.

"70 members!" I yelled. I was so shocked.

"Yeah." He said.

I heard a noise and looked behind me to see a guy on a red motorcycle drive off. He was looking dead at us, but Jhope seem to not noticed. Maybe he was a chicken delivery man. I looked down at my bag of chicken.

"It might be cold but do you want some chicken?" I asked him.

"I guess. I have no money to eat and it's one step for me to figure out what to do with you." He said. Soon we arrived at the complex. When I open my doors Dooman ran to the doors. I looked down to see a feather on him.

"What did you do?" I looked around to see my purple heart pillow completely sheared. I was just glad it was just one pillow. I picked up a piece as he looked down shamefully.

"I can't believe you did this. And to think I bought you treats and toys." I said. He came to me wagging his tail.

"I don't think I should give them to you today." I said.

Jhope let out small laugh. For a second I forgot he was even there.

"Chicken." I said. I warmed up us some pieces and got two drinks. We sat in the living room and started pigging out. Once done eating he sat back satisfied with dinner.

"Thanks for the chicken." He said.

"I owe you that much for sneaking into your business. I'm sorry." I said. I started cleaning up our mess. I heard a dog toy squeak and before I knew it Dooman ran into the living room to his bed. As he ran passed me he knocked me over. I feel directly into Jhope's lap. His eyes looked into mine. I could feel my cheeks getting warm.

"I guess he said he was getting the toy no matter what." Jhope broke eye contact and stared at Dooman.

"I'm-I'm sorry. He ran passed me and I fell." I tried to apologize but it came out in mumbles.

He just smiled.

Jhope's POV ~

I heard the squeaky toy and saw Dooman run pass her. She fell on top of me sending me into shock, but as I saw her eyes I felt relax. She has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. I started to feel my heart race so I broke the silence talking about the dog. She jumped up telling me she was sorry. But I didn't mind. She walked into the kitchen and before I knew it I shook my head.

I can't fall in love. Not now. I can't let my heart fall for someone. I can't be near her. I stood up.

"I'm going. Thanks again for the chicken." I walked out the door before she came back into the living room.

That was close. I can't fall for someone at the moment. But as I said those words her smile, her beautiful eyes everything about her flashed in my head. I walked into my apartment and decided to go to sleep. But my brain wouldn't let me. Everything of tonight's event flashed over and over again.

She is so pretty and yet I can't be with her. If any of the other gangs see her, she'll be a target. That's why I never let the guys have girlfriends. They thought I was being evil. But I've heard of gangs members family and girlfriends getting killed just for being close to tho the leader. I wasn't going to let that happen. I tried closing my eyes but open the quickly.

"I don't even know her name." I mumbled to myself.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
A very quick chapter. :)
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰