I just needed to kiss you - ONESHOT

I do not know what happened to my sanity that morning. It was a normal morning I had thought once I had woken up, but later on that day, it had taken a drastic change.

I was not sure if it was because Jack, my housemate and best friend, came down the stairs clad in just his boxers. I admit, Jack has come down stairs in the morning almost every day like this, it was how he slept; so why was today different?

Why was it now that I realized that small twist in my stomach just by looking at his bare chest? Why was it now that I realized how amazing he looked in the early morning sun? Why was it now that I couldn't control myself?

I could not control myself. I stood up from my spot once Jack turned his back to me, focusing more on the brewing coffee in front of him. I told myself to back away, find a different room to think this over in, but my body refused to listen.

I shyly wrapped my arms around Jack's waist, hugging him from behind. Jack jumped at my sudden embrace, but accepted it either way. Jack was my best friend, I thought, maybe it was our close friendship that had gotten to my head. No, that wouldn't explain why I thought he was so gorgeous.

"Good morning" he mused, his eyes still trained on the slow and steaming pot of black velvet coffee. I hummed a reply. I felt oddly jealous at his complete attention on the brewing coffee, and I oddly wanted that on me, so, I kissed his neck.

Jack, for some odd reason, didn't pull away. Only did he gasp and lean into my chest. I continued to bombard his neck with kisses and sometimes small bites, making him moan at the suddenness of my actions. "H-Hiccup, what are you d-doing?" he asked, completely breathless.

As a response I reached a hand up to his face, turning his head towards mine so I could capture his lips. Jack hummed and melted into the kiss instantly. It was slow yet strangely passionate. Once I pulled away from his lips, both he and I were shocked to find my hands traveling lower than his waist.

Jack grabbed onto the sleeves of my shirt as I traced the hem of his boxers with my fingertips. "H-Hiccup" Jack stuttered as he leaned into my embrace. "Yeah?" I asked fluently, my voice strong compared to his breathless gasps. "What triggered this?" he asked once he caught his breath that he, strangely, lost.

I opened my mouth to speak my mind, to tell him what was going through me at the moment; all the emotions, all the passion, all the love. However, I was interrupted by the door bell ringing throughout the house.

Jack then maneuvered out of my grasp and quickly left to the laundry room, to quickly put on clothes, before answering the door. I sighed and exited the kitchen, and to my pain and lack of surprise, there was Jack in front of the door.

Had I failed to mention that Jack had a girlfriend? It must have slipped my mind.

I bit back a frown as Jack hugged her, running his fingers through her platinum blond hair. Once they pulled away she greeted me with a happy and white smile. I smiled back at her before looking over towards Jack, telling him that I would be upstairs if he needed me.

As I turned on my heel I knew that Jack saw what I was hiding under my happiness, and I could see the sudden regret in his eyes. However, I was too numb to care at the moment.

.

Later that week Jack had left with his girlfriend, leaving me alone in the house with nothing to do. Usually when Jack left I would be okay with the silence, but now, it seemed to drill into the back of my skull to give me a splitting headache.

Now, with the silence drawing closer, I curled up in a ball on the couch, trying to relax my nerves. Nothing seemed to work, yet as time went on I was almost asleep, but then the front door creaked open. Reminding me that I had to fix the hinges, and that Jack was now home. I frowned and pretended to be asleep, looking as lenient as I could.