How our life started to change - ONESHOT

My body shuttered as I opened the door. My fingers recoiling at the cold touch of the handle. I took a breath and stepped into the shop, my eyes widening at the sight before me; the shop was simply decorated with sky blue walls, wood floors, and simply decorated tables that dotted the small area.

The light entered through the large windows, giving the baked treats on display a heavenly look of sweetness. I sighed happily and closed the door behind me. "Good afternoon" a voice called. A voice that made my heart flutter.

I looked over to the voice, trying not to blush at how emerald eyes looked back at my own. Those eyes, I thought, I could get lost in them for hours. "Not sure about that" I replied, shrugging my shoulders with a smile.

The auburn haired man smiled back, raising a brow, his green eyes glistening in the summer sun. "Fair enough" he nodded "What would you like?"

My stomach churned as I approached the counter. I was not sure if it was the fact that this boy was, in my mind, utterly gorgeous or the fact of what I was going to ask him. "Well, I was wondering if I could have a job here" I told him, my face flushing at my words.

This was stupid. I was asking to work at a bakery. I wasn't good at baking, and not the mention that this person could probably tell by just looking at me. I mean, anyone could.

The man, who looked like he was well in his early twenties, raised a brow in my direction. Then he smirked after a moment of thought, leaning his body against the counter and looking me dead in the eye. "What makes you think I will just hire you on the spot?" he wondered, his face calm but his eyes were full of mischief.

"I don't know, who's to say you will?" I said, making his smirk widen slightly. "What's your name?" he asked, his hands almost seemed to be fitting the urge to hold mine that were just a few inches from his, but then again, maybe that was just me.

"Jackson Overland"

He smiled a crooked smile, "Well, Jackson do you know how to bake?" he asked me as he straightened his stature. My eyes widened and I blinked at him. Was he serious?

"Not entirely" I told him shyly, biting my lip. "Then I am going to have to teach you" he informed me. "How will you teach me?" I asked, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"You will stay here with me afterhours, after your shift of course" he told me, turning half of his attention to his shop. "Wait I'm hired?" I deadpanned, a smirk crossing my lips. "Of course you are, I'm not just going to kick you out. Besides, you look like you have potential."

He looked over at me, our height leaving our gazes to lock equally. He was only an inch or two taller. "My name is Hiccup Haddock" he told me, raising a hand. I shook his hand and smiled, "Thank you for this Hiccup"

"Don't mention it" Hiccup said, his smile soft and crooked. Our hands dropped back down to our sides, and an awkward silence almost dropped upon us but Hiccup stopped it. "It's almost closing time" he told me "why don't you get something to eat before you start, it's on the house"

I blushed and nodded, telling him to surprise me. "Not picky?" he asked, raising a brow as he went over towards the display counter. "No, never have been. I will at least try something once" I told him sweetly, following him.

"That's good" Hiccup smiled as he pulled out two brownies and placed them on two separate plates. "You having one too?" I teased, making him laugh quietly. I watched as the sun's last rays of the afternoon cast a bronze glow in the bakery, giving Hiccup a heavenly glow.

"Of course I am" Hiccup informed me as he took up the plates and walked around the counter, going over to the front end of the shop, setting down the plates on a table next to the windows. We sat down across from each other, eating slowly.