I'm glad I have you - ONESHOT

*Jack's POV*

I bit my lip and turned my attention to the TV, trying to watch what was going on the screen, but all that I could see was pointless moving pictures. I tried to ignore the burning body heat radiating off of the person next to me, but it wasn't that simple anymore.

Leaning against me on the couch was Hiccup's small shoulder as he texted on his phone, his crooked smile driving me over the edge. I had to keep myself from staring at his freckled cheeks, cute button nose that kept his glasses up, and thin pink lips that looked so luscious as he bit them; but all I could do was stare at him from the corner of my eye and hope he would not notice.

In the moment, when he brushed his hair back with his long fingers, my face flushed and I had to adjust myself. I sat up straighter, only to have Hiccup lean further into my side. I gulped and carefully crossed my legs, resting my left ankle on my right knee.

Hiccup hummed a soft laugh and my heart jumped and I hoped that he didn't notice. I let out a weak sigh, trying to relax as the moving colors on the screen distracted me for a moment from my racing heart and mind.

"Hey Jack, look" Hiccup said as he poked my side, catching my attention. I looked down at his phone and pulled off a comical smirk. On the screen was Hiccup's close friend Noah, or Toothless, and he was smiling wide with his younger cousin who just lost another tooth.

"We should be calling her Toothless now" I joked and Hiccup laughed, agreeing with me before texting Noah back. I hummed and forced myself not to lean against Hiccup's small form.

Hiccup had just turned sixteen and yet he was the smallest thing I've ever seen. He was so cute with his thick, black rimmed glasses and pink dusted cheeks and happy smile that day; the day when he turned sixteen and the same day he met Noah and fell head-over-heels for him.

I wished I could have that. I wish I could have those bright green eyes looking up at me, those pink lips smiling a happy smile as he thought of when we would kiss next; because I know that he would be getting a lot of them if I was able to do that. If I was able to be with him. If I was able to steal his heart like Noah had.

Noah didn't know, only I did. Hiccup talks to him and about him all the time, and I'm always the one to keep secrets. Though Hiccup's never told me he's in love with Noah. Even still, I can tell by the look in his eyes whenever they see each other or whenever they text or call.

His eyes don't have that same glow in them when he looks at me, there never was.

I let out a quiet sigh and reached over for the remote, turning the TV off because it was doing nothing for me. It was just background noise that became too loud for my own thoughts.

I bit my lip again and watched Hiccup from the corner of my eye, wondering if I should act on my thoughts or keep them buried under a thick shell of jealousy.

I wonder how Hiccup would react if I took his phone and distracted him with a kiss. I wonder if he would kiss back or push me away. I wonder if he is as good of a kisser as some people say he is, and some people being his ex-girlfriend Astrid. Hiccup was hell of a lady's man, and by hell is he a man's man to me. No matter how dumb that sounds.

While combing through my thoughts I came up with an idea; a sly one at that. I gulped at the thought but acted on it anyway, taking it slow so I wouldn't mess up my already messed up plan.

I slowly reached over and held his phone, acting like I was looking at what he was doing. Hiccup didn't mind, he was highly open with sharing his texts with me. Including all the dumb autocorrect ones. I bit my lip and slowly tugged on his phone, acting like I was going to steal it and text his friends something stupid.