I'm glad I have you. Part 2 - ONESHOT

*Hiccup's POV*

I groaned and dropped my head into my hands. My body was on fire from a long run around the track. My face was flushed, my skin was most likely sunburned, my hair was soaked with sweat that trailed down every inch of my body, and my legs burned with the effort.

"Why would they make us run the track? What did we do to deserve this torture?" I grumbled, letting my hands fall to my lap and my back press up against the cool locker doors. Jack chuckled at my irritable attitude and ruffled my hair, not caring if it was soaked with my own sweat.

"Right? Make two boys, one with a prosthetic leg and the other with no athletic bone in his body, run two miles around a track in the blistering sun" he countered, his voice sounding coarse as he tried to calm his dry throat by constantly swallowing.

"Heh, yeah" I scoffed while rubbing my left leg. "My stub hurts"

Jack and I stopped for a moment, processing what I just said, before laughing out loud. "Your stub?" Jack giggled out as he took his sweat soaked shirt off, my face heating up faster at the sight of his bare chest. "Yeah, my stub" I said "what else am I going to call it?"

Jack shook his head, "Alright I see your point. And are you just going to sit there on the floor, or get dressed?"

I gaped at him before blinking, nodding my head. I pushed myself off the floor and proceeded to get dress, not self-conscious. "You know" Jack whispered, kissing my neck which sent shivers down my spine "I love you, right?" I blushed and nodded, "I love you too"

Jack hummed happily, kissing my cheek before pulling away to finish getting dressed.

As I was adjusting my belt Jack ran his hands down my bare back gently, catching my attention. "I'm going to go start the car, or do you want me to stay?" he asked and I smiled at his kindness. "I think I will be fine; I won't be long"

Jack nodded and placed a hand under my chin, turning my head towards him so he could peck my lips. I hummed and let the kiss go on just a moment longer. "I will see you outside, cutie" he cooed as he pulled away from me, his arms lingering around my waist before he left the locker room.

I bit my lip as I watched him go, my body still warm from his gentle touch.

After a moment of thinking I decided to continue getting dressed, my body starting to get cold from the lack of complete attire, and the faded presence of Jack's calming body heat. Trying not to think much about it, I pulled my glasses off to slip my shirt over my head.

I let out a sigh as I went to grab my glasses, the world was nothing but mixed colors and faded outlines and it bothered me. Feeling around for them all I felt was the cool wood of the bench beside me. I furrowed my brow and got to my knees, feeling around the floor blindly for them.

While doing so, something pushed into my side; sending waves of pain to voyage around my ribcage. I groaned as I hit the floor. My back against the cool metal of the lockers.

The sharp pain came again and it was then when I realized what it was; someone was kicking me. "Leave me alone" I hissed out just before another blow collided with my stomach, knocking all the wind from my lungs.

"Go to hell, homo!" the person yelled as they repeatedly kicked me in the chest, stomach, and a few times in the face. Eventually, when I thought I would blackout, a familiar voice called out my name and the pain was only a lingering throb.

"Don't you ever hurt him again because I swear to god, I will make you sorry that you ever laid a hand on him. You understand?" Jack's voice was quiet enough where I could barely hear it, but it was dark enough to scare the other.

The door to the gym slammed shut, leaving me in silence.

"Hiccup, oh god, are you okay?" Jack asked, his voice trembling. "Y-Yeah, I will be fine" I mumbled out through sore lips "Where are my glasses?"

As an answer Jack put them on for me, my whole world becoming clear and full of color. "Are you sure you're going to be okay? You took quite the beating" Jack wondered as he pulled me close, his body and hands trembling.

"I'm sure" I replied "as long as I have you, I know I will be okay"

~*~

"Jack stop!" I laughed "That tickles!"

"I'm not trying to tickle you; I'm looking for broken bones" Jack replied, his hands roaming over my torso. "Jackie" I pouted, catching his attention. "Did you just call me Jackie?" he wondered as he halted his hands, resting them on the center of my chest.

"Yes, I did. Now stop touching me, I'm fine" I said as I took his hands in mine, keeping them away from my sides. Jack sighed and placed his head on my chest, his hair tickling my collar bone. "I'm just worried" he whispered and his warm breath made me shiver.

"I know you are" I whispered back "but I really am fine. I'm a strong boy"

He chuckled and moved his head so it rested on my shoulder. "I know you are, but that doesn't mean I don't worry about you. I love you so much"

I hummed and ran my hands down his back, pressing my cheek to his forehead as i let him cuddle up to me on my couch. "I love you so much, too" I told him "and I am beyond grateful with how well my life has been going with you in it"

"Even with what happened today?"

"Today was a mistake and we learn from mistakes"

Jack nodded and wrapped his arms gently around my waist, being wary about all the bruises that lined my body. "Jack, if it wasn't for you, I would most likely be in the hospital by now"

"Well" Jack began as he sat up "I'm not a doctor but I think you'd be diagnosed with bruised skin and sore muscles"

I chuckled, "What's my remedy, doctor?"

"I prescribe kisses and cuddles as your treatment" Jack whispered, his voice lecherous. I blushed. "I better get started then" I whispered back as I pulled him close, kissing his lips lovingly. Jack hummed and kissed back, slowly pushing me down onto the couch so he could hold me as close as he could.

I smiled against his lips and wrapped my arms around his shoulders while his hands rested on my sides, rubbing soothing fingers over the tender area's on my skin.

I was glad to have Jack by my side.