4. Damaged Goods and Tears

I sat alone on the astronomy tower, crying. Correction: sobbing uncontrollably. I was upset, I got into an argument with my boyfriend, Sirius Black. He wanted to come out to everyone soon, I didn't. I was afraid of what they'll say. How they'll whisper behind our backs, how the voices in the room will get quiet when we enter, how they'll look at us when we kiss or hold hands. I was scared, and he was brave.

Soon enough, the person I was angry at joined me.

"Why?" I ask turning to Sirius as tear still slide down my cheeks, "Why do you love me?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Sirius asked with a frown.

"Because! I'm a monster, Sirius. I'm damaged goods! I always make stupid decisions and I'm never good enough," I say angrily. Maybe that's why I didn't want to come out, maybe it's because I felt like this whole thing is just a trick or elaborate prank.

"Remus, I love you because your you. You're my universe, my everything. I wouldn't trade you for anyone else," He said while staring at me in the eyes. I just can't help but feel like he's lying to me. I can't feel like everyone is lying to me.

"But why do you love me? I'm worthless-" I start to say again but I'm cut off as he pressed his lips against mine. After a few seconds we brake apart and he speaks.

"Remus, you are beautiful. You are amazing. You're funny. You're kind. You're smart. You're so much more than what you think you are, darling please believe me," He says while hugging.

I believe him.