Chapter 23: My Imperfect Fantasy (A Frat Boy Niall and Harry Fanfiction)

Chloe’s POV:

It was 10 at night, and I was crying on Nicole’s shoulder.

"I mean, I feel like everything I wanted in college just isn’t happening. I wanted to party, drink, and hook up with cute boys. Not worry about 2 guys, I’m just so done."

"Well then be done Chloe! Look at you, you’re fucking hot. You should be doing all of those things. The question is, what are you going to do."

I thought about it for a minute, and wiped a few stray tears. “I think, I’m going to break up with Niall. I don’t want to lead him on. I’ll tell Harry that I did, so if he wants to be with me, he can. If not, well, I’m going to do me."

At that exact moment, I got a text from Niall;

"Still up?I need to meet up with you, I have news. xx"

"Who was it?" Nicole asked.

"Niall. He said he has news, and he wants to see me now."

"Go," Nicole said. “You need to break up with him." I thought about it for a minute. I had no idea how he was going to react, or anything. But I texted him back:

"Yeah, okay. Where?"

And he said:

"The park, across campus. See you there. xx"

Niall’s POV:

I hadn’t seen or heard from Chloe all day, so I was happy I could do both. Basically, I’ve told all my family and friends about her back home. And I want to take her to Ireland for half the fall break to meet my parents, and we could go to New Hampshire for the other half, to meet hers. I figured it would be perfect. We arrived at the park around the same time.

Chloe’s POV:

"Hi." Niall said, hugging me and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi, " I said back sort of monotone. He then started to hold my hand, and we were walking for a bit.

"I missed you," he said.

"I missed you too," I said. something about being with Niall, just didn’t feel right anymore. We sat down on a bench.

"So, the reason why I brought you here. I told all my friends and family about you, in Ireland. And, they all love you already. So, I was wondering for half of the fall break, we could go to Ireland, and you can meet my friends, my mom, my brother, his wife, they even have a new baby, my dad, and"

"Niall that sounds sweet but-"

"If you’re worried about Thanksgiving here, we can come back for that, so I can meet your half. I really like you, so much Chloe. I just want to be with you, all the time."

He was so sweet. I like Niall, I really did, but I think I love Harry. As much as I like Niall, he didn’t deserve to be led on.

"You are so sweet Niall. I like you a lot. But there’s so much going on, and… and…"

"What?" he said, sounding worried.

"We need to take a break. And see other people.

Niall’s POV:

What did she mean, take a break?

"What?" I said, dumbfounded.

"If you haven’t heard, Imogen’s pregnant,-"

"She’s what?" 

"That’s what I said," she said with a small laugh. I’m guessing that was Imogen’s plan of keeping Chloe from Harry. Obviously, it didn’t fucking work.

"But, look. I still want us to be friends, but Niall, I still like Harry. And I don’t want to lead you on, it wouldn’t be fair to either of us."

"But Imogen’s pregnant."

"Well, if Harry doesn’t want to be with me, that’s okay. But this, it doesn’t feel right anymore. I’m so sorry." And with that, she kissed me on the cheek, and left me alone.

Heartbroken.