Chapter 32: My Imperfect Fantasy (A Frat Boy Niall and Harry Fanfiction)

Niall’s POV:

"What do you mean you’re leaving?" I ask Imogen. Was she serious?

"I’m done. With Harry, Chloe, everyone. No one likes me, all I had was Harry, and he didn’t even like me. I’m just going to go back to New Hampshire, and go to community college." I was silent. I didn’t really know what to say to that, I mean what could you say?

"Well, if that’s what you want. But remember. Everyone deserves a second chance, even you. Call me if you need anything" and with that, I left.

Imogen’s POV:

I felt stupid. Like an asshole. A life ruiner. Just fucking depressed. I wasn’t used to this. Everyone used to love me, now, everyone hated me. I hated myself too. I needed to go home, it was what was best. Maybe for the rest of the year, and come back next year. I couldn’t face Harry, or Imogen for that matter. But I felt like I owed them an apology. They really loved each other. I just got caught up in something that wasn’t even real, which is unlike me. I just needed to talk to them, no matter how much it hurt to do it.

I pulled out my phone, winicing when I had to turn to get my phone. I opened it, and shakily texted Harry.

"Hey, I don’t know when you’re going to get this, but when you do, please come to the hospital…"

***

Harry’s POV:

Chloe fell asleep in my arms. With the exception of the obvious, last night was perfect. I was happy she was finally mine. No more dealing, no more fake relationships and defintely no more fake babies. Just me and her, happy. She started to stir a bit, finally waking up.

"Good morning babe," I said kissing her forehead. 

"It feels so good to hear you call me that," Chloe said back. "what’s the plan for today?"

"Well we can go out, go off campus, we can stay in bed, do other things," I said, smiling.

"You’re such a perv." She said, playfully hitting me. I lean over to check my phone. Ugh. An Imogen text? Wnat could she possibly want? I opened the text, and read the following:

"Hey, I don’t know when you’re going to get this, but when you do, please come to the hospital…"

Why would she think I would want to see her. I turned over to Chloe, telling her the news.

"Babe, I have to go see Imogen. It could be something about who actually shot her, but I don’t know." She looked at me with disappointment, but then started to trace my abs.

"But I want you here…" She said, looking straight into my green eyes.

"I know babe. I’ll be back though, okay?" I kissed her forehead, before throwing on a shirt and some jeans to go see Imogen. It took me about 15 minutes to get to the hospital, and I was directed to her room immediately. When I opened the door, she was looking out the window. I could tell she wasn’t all there, meaning the look in eyes was blank.

"Do you hate me?" She asked me flat out, as soon as I walked in. She didn’t even look at me.

"Why, Imogen? That’s what I want to know."

"Because I love you Harry. I don’t know how, or when it happened, I just do. I want you, more than anything. That’s why I did this. But now I know, I know you want Chloe. If you don’t forgive me, that’s fine. I’m going to move back home anyway."

"Why?" I asked her.

"Why not? Everyone hates me. I’d rather be somewhere where I have friends."

"Look Imogen, what you did was wrong, and uncalled for. But don’t let this ruin college for you. There are so many people out there for you, it’s just not me. You will find someone, one day. I promise. But I love Chloe, and nothing will ever change that. I’m sorry." I turned to walk out the room, when I was stopped by a police officer.

"I’m guessing you’re Harry Styles?" He asked, coldly.

"Yes."

"Officer Smith. I’m here investigating Imogen Tarren’s shooting, do you happen to know about it?"

"I was with her when she got shot, I don’t know who it was though. We were just talking, and out of nowhere, she got shot. I honestly do not know who it was."

"Mr. Styles, have you heard of a Liam Payne?" My heart sank. Liam? Did he do this?

"It sounds familiar," I said blatantly lying to the officer. "Why?"

"Well, the gun used was left at the scene, and it was registered to him."