Chapter-5

When we made it to the house I went straight to my room, with Alpha Casey hot on my heels. I got to my door and turned around to look at him.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused as to why he hadn't gone back to his pack mates or his own room.

"You are my mate and I'm not leaving your side." he shrugged, trying to walk into my room.

I put my hand on his chest to stop him walking any further and stood in the way of the door.

"Please just leave me alone. For today and tomorrow at least. I need some time." I said looking at him for a short second and then looked away.

"But I want to be with you!" He whined, like a little boy.

"Please Alpha Casey . I just need some time to get my head around everything. I'm eighteen! I'm barely even a woman and I suddenly have all of these new responsibilities!" I ranted.

He stayed quiet for a moment and appeared to be thinking. He sighed and nodded. "Okay. One day. After that one day I will not let you leave my side. Unless you need to use the bathroom because that would be slightly strange. For you anyway," he added the last bit with a smirk. 

I scrunched my face up in disgust. "Ew!"

"I'm joking!" He chuckled.

"Oh phew" I laughed. "I guess I'll see you around?"

He nodded and gave me a soft smile before walking away down the hall. When he was gone I closed the door, locked it and flopped down onto my bed and let the tears fall. I don't know why I was crying but I couldn't stop. Perhaps it was shock with a mixture of fear. There was a light knock at the door.

"Go away!" I screamed to whoever it was.

"Annabelle, come on let me in," I heard Jace say from the other side of the door. "Belle?"

I sighed and unlocked the door. Shortly after, it was opened by Jace as he slid in closing the door behind him.

"Oh belle. Come here," Jace sighed pulling me into a tight hug. "What happened?" he asked resting his chin on my head.

"Long story" I said as I pulled away and Jace wiped my tears away with his thumbs.

"Then it's a good job I have a lot of time," he smiled.

I told Jace everything from the second I knew alpha Casey was my mate to the second he walked away. We were sat on my bed and he was hugging me while I lay on his chest.

"Give him a chance Belle. He hasn't done anything but be nice to you. I'll visit you as much as I can and you can come over here too. You knew we would have to live our lives at some point and that time has come. You'll be okay. You'll be an awesome Luna and maybe someday, a mother." he said, smiling down at me.

I nodded. "Come on. You better get out before mister, 'I'm so mighty' notices" I said doing a terrible impression of Casey. We both burst out laughing and he got up.

"Yeah I suppose I should."

He walked to the door and turned around. "I'll miss you, melon" he said walking out laughing.

I'll miss you too, plum. I mind linked him as he was probably already down the hall.

I sighed and got up. He always made me feel better. I knew I was  overreacting but I was truly terrified. I had to teach myself to trust a man and I had no other option. I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed the make up off my face. I brushed my hair and walked back out, into the closet. I threw on a pair of shorts and a tank top and flopped on my bed, falling asleep when my head hit the pillow.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*