Chapter-28

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I was stood in front of the doors to the ball room, waiting for Casey to introduce me to the pack. Alexis and Zia went to join Zed.

"Sons, daughters, parents and grandparents of Black son" Casey spoke. The whole hall went silent.

"I would like to introduce you to Annabelle Evans. She is the most incredible girl I know. She is kind, caring, beautiful, bubbly and by far, the best thing in this world to me. She is such an amazing person and i honestly can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her." My face flamed up in a blush, aw.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls. Please put your hands together for your Luna!"Casey finished.

There was a roar of clapping and cheering. The double doors in front of me opened making me jump slightly. I took in the incredible size of the pack. There must have been at least 2000 people in the ball room. Not including the omegas and cooks.

I remembered the plan me and Alexis came up with. We came up with a plan that I was going to sing a song as I walked in as a surprise for both Casey and the pack. She said it would make them like me more. At that time i would do anything for the night to go smoothly.

The backing track began and the hall again became silent in slight confusion and wonder. I waited for the track to get to the right part before I pulled a microphone out form behind my back and started singing, I See Fire.

I smiled when the song finished and did a little bow. The whole room was full of cheers and applause as I walked over to Casey who seemed to be in a daze from the song.

"Hey" I giggled as I got to him.

He looked amazing. He was wearing a navy suit with a red tie and brown dress shoes. His hair was neatly gelled back into a perfect style and his face dazzled me when he smiled.

"Hey" he smiled, after he came out of his daze.

"You sounded amazing and you look incredible" he complemented with a huge smile.

He pulled me into his arms and kissed my head. Those who saw awed with smiles on their faces. I blushed and tried my best to turn away from them but there was people both sides of him. Casey cleared his throat and everyone stopped staring.

"Are you ready?" Casey whispered in my ear.

I was confused for a second but then I remembered the acceptance ritual. I bit my lip slightly unsure but nodded anyway. Casey nodded and guided me over to the stage which was at the front of the ball room

As we walked onto the stage I noticed a brass looking bowl and a knife that had what looked to be an intricate design of a rose bush carved into the wooden handle. My stomach churned with nerves. I had only saw the acceptance ritual at my home pack once when a rouge walked onto our pack lands by accident. The poor girl had obviously only just discovered her wolf because she was 12 and her pack didn't approve of her because she was so small. So, my dad accepted her as a part of our pack and she was a omega. I couldn't really remember much of it because I was only 8 when it happened. But i could remember the mixing of some blood. I think it was the alphas and hers.

Casey held my hand and guided me towards the bowl. He gently took my hand and held it in a firm grip, but not enough to hurt me, and made a cut along the longest line of my palm. I bit my lip in pain. He then held my hand over the bowl and squeezed quite a large amount of blood into the bowl. It was enough to make me go a little bit dizzy but I stood my ground, not wanting to embarrass myself in front of the pack.

He then repeated this with his own hand and chanted a few words in Latin that i couldn't clearly understand.

He then said some words in English which the pack also said with him:

"Our dear moon goddess. Black Sun vow to stand by our Luna through thick and thin. We vow to put her life beyond ours and protect her till our last breath. We vow to love her and value her. Our dear goddess, Black Sun accept Annabelle Evans as our Luna"

I felt a wave of power along with a rush of thoughts which almost knocked me off of my feet. I blocked the mind links from the pack and regained my composure. The whole pack knelt down on their knees with their head bowed. I turned to Casey and gave him a questioning look but he just put his finger to his lips, telling me to be silent.

The whole pack then said together:

"Our dear Luna. Black Sun accepts you as our Luna and vows to put your life and needs before ours, even before the Alphas"

They all stood up and bowed there heads in submission.

To be perfectly honest the whole ordeal kind of scared me. I was the Luna of Black Sun which gave me the same power over them as Casey. Not only that scared me but the fact that they saw me more important than anything. Including their own alpha. They basically just accepted a complete stranger into their pack and vowed to put her life before anything else.

I wasn't used to having such authority and it was going to take a while to get used to.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*__*_*_*_*__*_*_*_*__*_*__*_*_*_*_*_*__*_*___*_*_*_*__*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*