Chapter-7

Friday came around far too quickly. The day I had to leave my home and move to a completely new pack.

Thoughts crammed my mind as I lay on my back looking at my bedroom ceiling for the last time. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to move in with Alpha Casey. What if he hurt me? Or what if his pack wouldn't accept me?

But it wasn't all bad thoughts. I knew I'd get away from Callum. I wouldn't have to suffer his beratement anymore. I would be safe from him. But on the flip side, I had to leave Jasmine, Jed, Jace and Noah. They were my only friends and I loved them like family. Leaving them behind was really difficult for me. I knew I'd see then again but I realised that I wouldn't be able to play with them everyday. I wouldn't have a band anymore.

With that thought I groaned. Great. Why moon goddess? Why?

I reluctantly heaved myself from my bed and looked around my room. It was nearly empty. The only stuff left was the furniture. I'm going to miss my bed. I went into the bathroom and went through my morning routine. I checked I hadn't left anything behind and went downstairs. The first place I went to was the music room. I stood in the middle of the room as flashbacks entered my mind.

Flashback:

"Jace you son of a bitch!" I screamed as flour fell down onto me. Jace had put flour on top of my violin case so that when I reached up to get it, it fell down all over me.

"It wasn't me!" He said, laughing like a psychopath. "It was Noah!" 

"I know for a fact it was you because you have flour on your jeans you idiot!" I said pointing to the patches of flour where he clearly wiped his hands.

He stopped laughing and looked at his jeans to see there was in fact flour there. He gave me a sheepish smile and bolted out of the room.

"JACE ASHLEY, GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" I shouted, running after him.

I giggled slightly at the look on his face when I soaked him with a water gun.

I heard someone walk in and I turned around to see Casey. He offered me a warm smile, of which I returned. 

" Thanks for giving me a chance," he began, standing next to me with his hands in his pockets. "You won't regret it"

"I know," I sighed. "I'm just scared."

" Look. I know you don't want to leave but I promise you can see your friends and family as often as possible. I wouldn't take you away if I didn't have too." he tried to reason.

"It's okay. I understand." I sighed. 

 " I promise I will look after you and I won't lay a finger on you, no one will. I don't want you to be scared of me."

"I'm not scared of you," I shrugged.

He chuckled slightly. "I see the way you look at me and the way your heartbeat speeds up when I'm near you."

I huffed. "I'm just nervous"

He nodded. "Well whatever it is, you don't need to be scared of me. I promise"

I smiled and nodded. " Okay, I'll try to remember that. I'm going to go for a run and visit my parents favourite clearing before I leave"

"Don't be too long."

I nodded and ran out of the house to make my way to the clearing. There was painful memories there but I had to face them. It was where my parents were killed. I ran for about an hour or so until I stopped at my parents favourite clearing. It was the only place I felt close to them. Oddly.

I lay down amongst the long grass. I closed my eyes enjoying the warm, summer breeze. I must've fallen asleep though because I woke up to the sound of Casey's voice.

"I'm sorry to invade your privacy but you have been gone for a while so I thought I'd check on you." 

I felt his presence near me and i opened my eyes. He sat next to me sitting with his legs crossed. I started to get up but he put his hand on my knee. "Please. I want to say something."

I nodded and sat back down, facing him.

"I know I only met you the other day but the second I made eye contact with you I knew I would love you forever. Call it cheesy but it's true. All the stories you have heard are mostly gossip-" he started to say but I interrupted. 

"Mostly?" I raised my eyebrow, fiddling with the grass in front of me.

He sighed and grabbed my hand and gently ran his thumb over the back of it. "I'm not completely cold. I have to be the way I am to keep my pack safe. Whatever I do is always for the good of my pack. I have killed many people that deserved it. Rogues, prisoners, threats. I have never laid a hand on a child, women or innocent person and I never will. Rogue or not. Whatever stories you have heard have been twisted and I've never been bothered because it scares people away from me. Makes my life easier I suppose. I didn't reject you because I couldn't. I couldn't reject someone I don't know anything about and we were put together by the moon goddess for a reason. Lets just give her a chance and give this a try. I'll give you everything you need but I just can't leave you here. Come on, let's go back to our pack?"

I nodded. "I get to see my family as often as I want?"

"Of course. " he smiled a soft smile at me.

"Thank you." My eyes met his and he gave my hand a little squeeze. 

"Come on. Let's go home."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*