Short Story 4: Forecast Calls for ...

Caleb's POV:
"You want our secret and the power of these jems in the hands of one of your friends that I don't know?" I ask for the third time, walking down the hallway. Leyla pouts. "Caleb why won't you give any of my friends a chance? David is a trustworthy guy!" Leyla tries to persuade me.

I fold my arms. "You brought your friend Ashely into our group, and she never shows up to practice!" I yell.

"Ok, everyone else misses practice every once and awhile." Leyla argues. "But she NEVER shows up! Not even to the rookie lessons! And-" I get shut up by someone covering my mouth. I notice Ashley is here now, and has her hand over my mouth.

"Caleb look, I know I haven't been the best trainee in the world, but I gotta tell you something." And she releases her hand.

There's a moment of silence before she speaks. "I had a glimpse. It-" "Was it of me?!" Leyla asks excitedly. Me and Ashley look at her. No, I'm guessing it wasn't you Patrisha says.

"Anyway, It was at the laboratory where my first mission was, and David was there. He had powers and wad helping us take out the villians." Ashley stops. It's silent. "Aaaaaannnddd ..." I ask. "And that's it, all I saw was him building some storm." Ashley says. A storm? How do you even make that?

"Ok, thank you Ashley. And Leyla, I can't believe I'm doing this, but bring your friend to the hideout. Seems like we'll need him." I say regrettingly. "I will. Come on Ashley, let's go find David." The two run off like roadrunners in the desert.

I hurry to class and wonder why David is so important.

----------------------------------------------------

"This kid shouldn't be too bad." Ariana reassures me. I grab a soda from the mini fridge and sit back down on the couch in the Main floor of the hideout. "I'm sure he isn't bad, but I don't know him at all. I at least knew Ashley to some extent." I comment before taking a sip of Coke.

Before Ariana could say something, the elevator Dings! open. Leyla and Ashely walk in with, who I assume, David.

He has black hair, brown eyes, button up blue shirt, jeans, and some grey sneakers. He reminds me of someone ... someone I know ...

"David, this is our SuperHero hideout! You know, where I said Henry was." Leyla says. "You guys actually have a supercomputer who can talk?" David asks, not believing them. "They sure do. I'm Henry David, nice to meet you." Henry says, proving he's real.

David looks at the five monitor screen and gives a devious face. "If your a supercomputer, and you know everything, what's the color and name of the first toy I had when I was 2?" David asks.

"Henry knows facts, not everything about your life." I but in.

"You had a red and yellow fire truck named Flame Killer, and your grandfather gave it to you as your second birthday gift." Henry answers. Everyone's shocked, except David. He stands there with his arms crossed. "Ok then he's a supercomputer." David admits.

I walk over to the keyboard. "How did you know that?" I ask amazed. "I'm a supercomputer. I know a lot of things. Lot's of secrets too. But aside from that, David, pick your weapon." And he pulls up the list of deadly weapons we give away to teens.

David scrolls down the list until he's at the z's. Then he finally decided, "I want a spear. A double edged spear."

"Ok then." And the sounds return behind the weapons box. Then the box expands downwards on the wall, because it can't move to the side anymore. Everyone walks over to the newly expanded area. David opens the section, and reveals a gray rod with knifes on the ends.

"Exactly how I pictured it." David says, grabbing his double edged spear. "It didn't close all the way." David says, pointing to the hole in the center. "Oh, no that's where your jem goes." Leyla says.

"What jem?" David asks."This one." And the glass table folds, shifts, and slides until a jem is perfectly in the center. This jem has mist around it, with the symbol of a cloud with a lighting bolt coming out of it. Again, we all walk over to the table.

"What is it, because I've never seen a jewel that produces mist." David complains, looking at the unnamed jem. "The Aimsir Jem. That's Irish for weather. That mist creating jem can make tornados, hurricanes, lightning stikes, and any weather imaginable. But be careful, you faint when touching it." Henry warns.

David chuckles. "Right, touching this will ma-" And the second his finger touches the jem, he falls on the table. "I warned him." Henry says.