Short Story 5: Corruption (Part 2)

Caleb's POV:
"WHAT THE HECK!?!!? Why does Leyla look like that?" Asks/Yells Brandon. Seriously! Leyla looks normal, except for the dark aura surrounding her. And her eyes, black blank space that makes her look like a zombie.

"Oh I see..." my Dad says to himself. "What?! What has happened to Leyla?!?!" Everyone persists. My Dad takes a breath. "Someone, Kad I'm guessing, is using the Dark jem to corrupt Leyla. Like Henry said before, Brings out the evil in people, that's what he has done." My father explains.

But how does he have the Dark jem? Didn't we take it back? "How does he have the Dark jem?" Olivia asks before I can. "I'm pretty sure you guys brought it back that time y'all locked them up." Henry says. "Then how do they have it?" I ask Henry. "Don't look at me, I'm just a supercomputer!" Henry tries to stop all the attention. "That's exactly why we're looking at you!" Olivia exclaims.

My Dad interrupts us by pressing a button on the keyboard, and it makes a REALLY annoying noise! After he's made us gone deaf, he says, "The villians are probably trying to do that to the whole town!We will try to resolve this later; for now, go and stop them."

He's right, there's no time to argue. We all FLASH! We soar out straight for the power plant.

----------------------------

"Hurry! Leyla's probably suffering!" Brandon yells, zapping past us all. We follow Brandon until we're at the power plant, which powers are small city. We all land at the back entrance, where Henry showed us the evil ones were.

But of course, no ones here.

"Where are they?" Jordan asks. "Jordan! Turn into a dog and sniff them out. Then we can find them!" I say urgently. He nods, then focuses. After bones cracking and popping, Jordan has became a Great Dane and is sniffing around for a scent.

"Got it, follow me guys!" Jordan barks. We walk behind him as he walks us into the plant. We turn a corner into a room. Once inside, he stops. "Trail ends here. And the scent is strong, like they're right under my nose!"

"But nothing's here except another room!" I argue, mentioning the room in front of us with glass as a wall. Out of nowhere, about a cup water falls from the ceiling. "What the-" we all look up to see the villains, and Leyla dripping water from her hair.

"ATTACK!" Yells Kad. That's the last thing I heard before, Black ...