Short Story 5: Corruption (Part 4)

Caleb's POV:
From outside the glass room, I watch Leyla corrupt Brandon. Her eyes glow blacker than than ... anything! Once Brandon locked eyes with Leyla, darkness spread all over his body.

And his jem turned half black, and his eyes turned dark, with his body absorbing the shadows around him.

Once his transformation is done, he's just as freaky as Leyla. Brandon and Leyla walk out together, not holding hands, but walk out in unison. "Who's next?" Brandon asks, eyes staring directly at me.

"Come on, I'm your friend ... right?" I ask, unsure now that Brandon's corrupted. I weakly smile as he walks closer to my post. "My friend? You?!? My friend's our more of heros than you!" Ok, Brandon's become Leyla's smart-alec attitude. Her annoying attitude.

"NO!!!" Kad yells. He pushes Brandon and Leyla out of the way. "Caleb's all mine." He says, with devilish smile.

'Great. Just perfect!' Kad, using his dark powers, makes the ropes around me disappear, then lifts me, like he has the force, and forces me into the room. He flies in himself, with the speed closing the door behind him.

I stand up, rubbing my wrists because they hurt from being tied up. "Come on Caleb, you gotta admit, this is a great plan?" Kad says, as if its funny. "You'll never get away with this. All of us aren't here!" I tell him. "Doesn't mean we won't track them down, and besides, what are they gonna do with out their precious leader?" Kad asks smirking.

"They'll ... they'll ..." I growl in anger. "And to finish what you said earlier," Kad reminds, "I'm definitely getting away with this."

Then his body grows larger and darker, until his head hits the roof. Then he lunges at me. He grabs my legs and then the darkness he used to grow bigger started to crawl up my body.

I try to fly, but the dark drags me into it. It finally reaches my eyes and I see it. The dark, the thing everyone fears; I can't see out, I'm the only thing glowing, and the dark is closing in.

I'm ... scared. This is the ... the end for our team. I glow my wings brighter, and the darkness shys away. "Wait a minute ... I create light." Now I feel stupid. Ok focus! I create a sphere of light in my palms and force as much light into it as possible.

Once I'm drained, I break the ball in my hands. All the lights breaks free and explodes in a fantastical light show. The dark around me diminishes and Kad is forced to the wall as the Dark jem falls out of his possession. His dark powers flow out of him and into the corrupting jem. I scoop the jem in a light bag, and hang it on my belt.

I get up from the weakened stance I'm in, and cage Kad in a laser box while he's out cold.

I walk out and find Kad's backup no where to be seen. Just my friends recovering. "Hey Leyla ... did you really mean what you said?" Brandon asks, behind her. Leyla's eyes are watering, and I know why. She turns around and cries into Brandon's shoulder. "I didn't mean it. That thing made me a monster! I hate it!" Leyla cries, pointing towards the jem on my belt.

I untie Jordan and Olivia, who both say, "Let's get outta here!" I glance at Leyla, who nods. Before she can grab her whip, Brandon stops her. "Look, Leyla ... if I ever feel pushy ... tell me Ok?" Brandon says.

Leyla shakes her head yes and hugs him tight, with a scary experience still haunting her expression. She slams her whip on the ground, and a portal appears. We all walk through, silent, and scarred for the rest of our lives.

End Of Short Story!