Short Story 6: Well isn't This Purrrfect (Part 2)

Anthony's POV:
"So when do we start to fighting bad guys?" Stacy asks, pretending to slice bad guys in the training floor. "Well, some people got to do it on their first day, but the likelyness of that is like 0%." I explain. Stacy look a little disappointed after I say that.

Before I can fix what I said, the alarm goes off. "What's that?!" Stacy asks in fear. "The villians, come on, to the Main floor." We rush to the elevator, and from there to Henry. "What's going on?" I ask worried. "Katlin and Vitana are going after a new jem. It's in Houston, on top of a skyscraper." Henry explains. I press the button to open the top.

Before I take off, I turn to Stacy and ask, "Can you fly?" Stacy looks at me angrily. "Does your cat fly?" Stacy asks madly. "Only in my dreams." I answer, smiling. Stacy just rolls her eyes. I grab her and fly out of the hideout, happy about my comeback.

----------------------

"How long till were at Houston?" Stacy asks, playing with her knife. "Y'all should get there any minute." Henry says informatively. I hope so, because Stacy isn't the lightest girl, and I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but yeah.

I fly faster until I see buildings that touch the sky, a million cars on the roads, and Vitana and Katlin climbing up a skyscraper. Wait What!?! "There they are!" Stacy points out, pointing to the two. I fly as fast as I can towards the top of the skyscraper because I'm not wasting anytime.

I set Stacy down as safely as possible, by dropping her. Of course, she lands on her feet. "Man I love cat powers!" Stacy brags. I immediately start looking for this new jem, but this skyscraper has litter covering it. And not just a few chip bags, I mean it's half a foot of trash, and it stinks!

"We gotta look in that heap of trash? You can, I want my nose to work still." Stacy says, taking a few steps back. "Come on, the sooner we find it, the sooner we get out of here." I say, moving trash aside. I hear Stacy retract her claws and use them to move trash aside.

After five minutes of searching, I find the jem in a empty water bottle. It looks ... rubbery, almost like elastic. I grab the bottle and yell to Stacy, "I found it!"

Stacy, relieved, runs over and hugs me. "Thank goodness, I just saw a rat. A fat, stinky, ugly rat!" Before I laugh, someone jumps up from the side of the building and knocks us back into the trash. "What the-" I look up and see it was Katlin, who now has the water bottle in her hand. "Thanks, I was waiting for y'all to find it for me. Nice outfit kitty." She mentions. Stacy reacts by leaping up and slashing Katlin to the ground with her claws. Katlin stumbles back alittle and whimpers in pain.

Then she starts growling and staring directly at Stacy. "What's wrong? Can't talk to me- Cat got your tongue? Ooooo I got one! You know what they call female dogs? Well your one!" Stacy came back STRONG! That was a burn!

In anger, Katlin lunges at Stacy. She lunges off the edge with Stacy under her. "STACY!!!" I try flying after them, but something grabs my leg. I look back and see Vitana evilly smiling. "You're not going anywhere squeaky toy."