When We Finally Meet

• Dedicated to Kyle

Imagine: you have been dating a guy on line for a long time on line. But you and him have decided it's not enough anymore for your relationship, it's time to see each other in person. So you and him decide to meet up in Colorado one one September morning. 

(A/N: okay so this is about/ based off of my boyfriend and I, and it's going to be in a little more details and the point of view will change)

KYLE'S POV:

God what was taking her plane so long? We were finally going to see one another in person. One night we were both on Skype video messaging and we had gotten everything planned for this morning to happen. Colorado was a beautiful place, almost as beautiful as Holly.

 I couldn't actually believe that she was going to be in my arms. Just the thought of her being with another man that lived closer to her, holding her, caressing her round cheeks, and kissing her full lips, it sickened me. Holly was mine, mine only. Today was the day I'm never letting her go again.

 It's just the beginning of September, the leaves were changing, things were starting to chill down just a tad. It felt nice. It wasn't blistering like the weather in summer in my town. This was kinda like a birthday present from god to both of us. My birthday was the 16th and hers was the 28th. I wanted to give her something special so bad. But I didn't know what she wanted.

 But putting that aside, Holly's plane was suppose to arrive 20 minutes after mine. I got here at 9:45 am. The clock on the creamy wall said 10:15. The navy blue cushioned seats were starting to get uncomfortable, I started moving around in my seat. I was never this impatient in my life. 

The plane ride had made me so exhausted. it's very hard to sleep on a plane for me, plus the nerves in me wouldn't let me. Too many different emotions running through me. I had bags under my eyes, my lips were dry, and my hair was a mess. I needed something to wake me up and to freshen up.

I ran to the bathroom and combed my hair with my fingers. I looked terrible. I moistened my lips lightly then fixed my jacket and walked back out to the cafe.

The little shop was in a corner of the airport. It was made of a darker wood, cream bar chairs were sat in a row. A red headed woman in her 20's asked me what I wanted to buy. I carefully looked around the counters and the drink sections. I finally ordered a blueberry muffin, a mocha latte, and two sour apples for Holly and I. I handed her my ten and I received my change and a bag for the food.

Holly had always told me about how much she loved all kinds of various fruits, but apples were her favorite, especially the green ones. I remembered one night it was around 10 at her house, she was sitting in a study room. Her laptop was in front of her, I could see she was in a big purple plush beanbag chair against the wall. She was talking to me and eating a bowl of different fruits, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, and orange slices. I asked her what was her favorite and she said apples.

I remember that she had told me about a myth she had found, it had to do with apples and kissing. If you make a bigger bite that has juice running down your mouth, supposedly you're a sloppy kisser, and if you make neat tinier bites you're a good kisser. When she said that it always made me wonder which one was I. I hadn't ever payed attention to how I had ate one..

 I had went to go sip the piping drink by one of the cafe tables. I sat the bag down beside me on the table and sat there with my hands wrapped around the drink.

HOLLY'S POV:

My plane had finally arrived in Colorado. I walked into the airport and started looking around for Kyle.

I looked around by the luggage area, the waiting seats, and anywhere else I could think of. Then it hit me; there was one place I hadn't looked yet, the café.

I went up to the counter and looked up at the menu bar. I noticed that the counter woman kept looking over to a table and back at her work, maybe a guy was staring at her. Who knows. All I knew is that I was so tired. I quickly order some fruity coffee drink and gave her my money. 

I turned around to look for a place to sit down and sip my delicious wakeup drink. There was an older man over in one corner all alone. I kept scanning from left to right. A married couple with two babies were hushing their children's cries. Not too far from them I saw a young man, not too much older than me, was holding on tightly to a little girl. She probably was his sister. They looked so sweet, made me wish I had a sibling.

Then to the very right, sitting mid way through the tables, was a guy in a black hoodie with the hood up. He was wearing a blue tee under it, plain lighter jean, and old tennis shoes. You couldn't see his face very well, most of his hair was covered too. The guy looked my age, he was tall and slender. He was quietly munching on a muffin and sipping from a latte as he scrolled through his phone.

I heard my phone ring and I set my stuff down to answer it.

"Hello?" I said as my usual answer.

"Hey baby." I hear back. That voice.

It was coming from close by. Where was he? Then I looked at what I thought was Kyle but I wasn't positive. The hoodie boy. He was holding up his phone.

I quickly walked over to the guy. God I knew it was him. I pulled off his hood and there revealed his beautiful eyes staring into mine. A warm smile crawled on his face.

Kyle quickly wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me down toward him. I gasped and in a motion I grabbed his face and kissed his lips softly.

I heard him whisper, "I'm never letting you go".