Chapter 19

'What are they looking for?' Lucas shouted down the phone. He had been talking to Alpha Kal for an hour now and he had become more frustrated and angrier. He told him that the rogues were in his area and that they will be leaving soon to come here. He didn't want them in his territory and it wasn't because he didn't like them. He had long ago decided that not all rogues are bad; some had even joined his pack. But he didn't feel good about this; it felt like something bad is going to happen.

Kal told him that they were on the hunt for something, what he didn't know. But he had a strong feeling that this had something to do with him and Alexis. After all, a pairing like theirs is very rare. What he really wanted to know was why it was such a big deal to everyone? And what pissed him off more was that his father knew something and didn't think it was necessary for him to know...yet. 'Find out everything you can about them. Call me immediately if or when you know something.'

'Why are you so worried? It's the first time you have enquired about rogues' before-hand and it's not the first they have passed through our lands. So why now?' He heard Kal ask. Running a hand over his face he got up from his desk in his office.

'I'm not worried. I just don't like rogues snooping around my territory. I'm sure you can understand that.' he told him 'Look, I've been speaking to you long enough. I got to go; I'll talk to you soon.' They said their goodbyes with Kal promising to call and he hangs up the phone.

His mind flashed back to the day in the cafeteria where his wolf warned him that someone will be coming for Alexis. Could this be what he was talking about? His anxiety level skyrocket at the thought of losing her when he didn't even have her yet. Without thinking he rushed out of the office and to the kitchen where he heard his voices. He had to see her, to reassure himself that she was safe even when he knew she was.

All his friends were there with their mates, his sister and parents but he didn't see Alexis' face among them. He didn't know why he was so worried, probably because he could feel the danger coming. 'Where is Alexis? Where is my mate?' he shouted. Everyone stared at him in surprisee not expecting his angry outburst. He didn't mean to shout but fuck he felt like he was about to explode. Lifting up his arm he saw that they were shaking.

They were all staring at him with concern. What was happening to him? Something tells him he won't feel any better until he saw her. He knew there wasn't any immediate danger but he just couldn't help himself. This isn't even supposed to happen to someone who isn't mated. He shouldn't be feeling this anxious and for crying out loud he had seen her just a couple of hours ago.

'Hey, what's going on?' Lucas heard her beautiful voice from behind. He turned around and came up on the lovely sight of her. She was leaning her head to the side and raising her eye brows at him questioningly. Groaning he did the only thing that he could think of. He grabbed her up and crushed her to his chest 'Are you okay Alexis?'

'Ah yeah, I'm fine,' she said the surprise clear in her voice. He bent down and lifts her causing her legs to wrap around his waist. 'What are you doing? Put me down!' she squealed at him, he didn't know what he was doing. The only thing he does know is that if he don't kiss her soon he might go crazy. So not waiting a second longer he backed her up against the wall in the kitchen. 'Leave.' He command the others in his mind.

All he could think about and all that surround his senses was Alexis. She tried to push him off so he grabbed her arms and held them in one of his above her head. 'Don't fight me,' and with that he crushed her lips with his. She only resisted for a second before she started kissing him back. He released her hands and she tangles them in his hair.

Deepening the kiss he shoved his tongue in her willing mouth and groaned when he felt hers. Her moan only fuelled his yearning and the hunger he felt for her override his senses. For the first time he realized that she was wearing a skirt and he grind in hardness into her softness. He groaned at the thought that only a small piece of clothing separated him from her honeypot. Sensing the need for her to catch her breath he lifted his head and rested his face in her neck. Maybe it will calm them both down.