chapter seven

Gerard's P.O.V.

We have been home for a week now and I am planning on trying to walk again soon. I no longer feel the pain of my leg, that's a good thing write. Frank and I are currently cuddling in our room. My uncle found out about me and Frank two days ago and he took it well. He promised not to tell, apparently he dated his teacher too when he was a senior. I feel my stomach growl. "Frankie I'm hungry." I whine.

"Okay let's go get you some food." He says trying to pick me up.

"Frankie, I wanna try to walk. All I want you to do is stay really close in case I fall." I say and he nods. I take a deep breathe and stand. So good so far. I take a step with my good foot, the I step with the bad leg and I begin to fall but Frankie catches me. He picks me up and carries me to the kitchen.

"Gee, I know you want to walk but maybe you might just start with holding on to someone to take weight off. Then you can slowly start putting less weight on the thing you're using to walk with, then eventually you can walk normal again." Frankie says and I nod.

"We have to go back to school tomorrow so I will have to get used to being in a wheelchair." I say and Frank nods. "I don't want to go to school Frankie. I don't know what everyone will do to me."I say with a shaky tone.

"I know you're scared but I'm sure everything will be just fine and we will alright." Frank says and I nod.

After minutes of silence mikey walks in, "Morning guys." He says yawning grabbing cereal and milk.

"Mikey my wonderful brother could you make me a bowl of cereal." I say in a say and he just rolls his eyes grabbing two bowls. I smile and giggle. Frank looks at me lovingly. Mikey sets a bowl of cereal in front of me and I smile. "Thank you, Mikey."

"Gerard how you feeling today.?" Mikey asks.

"It doesn't hurt anymore it's more numb than anything." I mumble and he nods. I eat my cereal and push my bowl away. "Frank can you get me my wheelchair I need to get used to it cause i'll probably have to use it at school for the next two weeks." I say and Frank nods. I brings it to me and helps me into the chair. "Thank you love."

I wheel myself to the couch and move myself onto the couch and lay down. Frank walks in and repositions me so that my head is laying on his lap. He starts playing with my hair. The way we are at this moment is just so calming. I slowly start to fall asleep, but I am startled by a loud knock on my door. Frank gets up and opens the door. Uncle Joe walks in. "I am here to check in on you guys." He says

"Hi uncle Joe." I croak out. Frank walks back over to me and I sit up letting him put me on his lap.

"Did you just wake up or something?" he asks and I shake my head.

"I have been up for about a an hour and a half but I got comfortable and almost fell asleep." I explain and he nods. I lie my head on Frank's shoulder.

"Well I see that everything is fine here. Oh, and before I go, they want you guys to go to court to settle the whole case with the boy and your father." He says and I sigh then nod. "I know Gee you dont want to see them but you just need to be there." He says and I nod. "well i best be leavin now." He says than walks out.

"I think I am going to take a nap." Frank nods at me.