Chapter 23

Celine

We were back at the castle, everyone was walking groggily, I think if you asked us what we were feeling right now; one thing we'd all say is tired, drained and sad. We'd just lost a friend, someone who a lot of hadn't known for long, others had basically grown up with her, and for some she was family. A sister who was no longer there to help through the pain, heartache and sorrow, Izzy though seemed to be closer to Xavier and the two were holding onto each other as they watched the rest of us. Jamie was leaning against Aiden, both were trusting, the other with support, no words seemed to be needed between them. Naomi was paler than usual as she stared at seemingly nothing, she breathed "Ed."

Aiden looked up and sure enough, Ed was there, in the flesh this time. He looked at us with shock "I'm human again?!"

"As am I," another voice said, causing us to look to the other corner, where a familiar red head appeared, her face lit up when she saw Ed. She barrelled into his arms as they hugged properly for the first time in years, he chuckled as he watched her "Jessie, how are we back here?"

Her lips curved into a knowing smile as she turned to look at us, then him "If I had to guess, I'd say Lou, Carol and Richard are responsible for this, they're up to something to do with the faded. What I don't know, but I remember the weird feeling of being free of her, after all this time I actually miss that black haired girl; with her sarcasm, love and humour..."

"We all do," Frankie sighed as she looked at Jessie, her eyes widened as she swallowed "Father?"

All of us looked a taken back when Gabe appeared, he smirked at us "Frankie my dear daughter, someone's been rather naughty and is attempting things that were thought impossible, in fact there's three of them. "

"Carol!"

All of us stared as two figures appeared, Carol and Richard, who looked at us then Jessie and Ed. Carol smiled at them "Well looks like you two are happy at last,"

Jessie gaped at her "You tore us from our hosts?! How?"

"Aiden was willing anyway, and Lou," Richard chuckled, as he glanced to the kids who were watching the two of them with awe and wonder, "well she's currently causing havoc for an old demon friend of ours. Being a faded has its uses you know Gabe,"

He chuckled, as his wings shimmered "I've no doubt in that, but just what are you trying to do here?"

"Unite us as one, and overpower the corrupted demons who have no way of coming back to the light," a soft voice said, all of us breathed in sharply as we saw a girl whose blue eyes sparkled. She came over to Gabe and smirked at him "Hey buddy, I need a favour,"

"Go on," he said warily as her smile sparkled, holding out her hand she wiggled it, he tilted his head to the side as he grabbed hold of it and his eyes flew wide. Both were still, Carol chuckled "Yes all of what she's showing you is true Gabe, that's our future in that world, it's why some just vanish never to be seen again."

Richard smiled "But we have a way of bringing them back, at least we hope."

"So Gabe?" she asked curiously as he stared at her, his face showed pure disbelief and wonder at her "You shouldn't be able to take down the ruler of the underworld, and make him crumble."

She snorted "Hades is a big softie Gabe, trust me on that, it's all a show. Besides the aim isn't to end them, but make them join our side; it's to unite us. Hence why I'm going and not my dad, or mum."

Jessie blurted "Why did you make us human again?"

"Yeah why did you Lois?" Cam asked quietly watching her, as she turned to face him. Shrugging she said "It's better than being dead forever, at least you get another shot at school Jessie, and who knows; perhaps you'll even see Ed get jelly over guys falling for you?"