Bringing Back The Past

Langston

I eventually took Rhea home, since she wanted to talk to Lance and Eva about what we found out. When we arrived, we entered the living room and they were sitting on the couch watching a movie. Eva paused it.

" What's wrong?  You been crying? " Eva asked her, with a concerned look on her face.

" I'm fine... I just need to talk to you two about something, " Rhea stated.

" What happened? " Lance asked.
" I can't have kids." Rhea's voice shook a little.

" Duh, you only eighteen... I hope you're not trying to have a kid"  Eva stated.

" No, I'm infertile. " Rhea's voice shook a little.

" And you're surprised? "Lance asked. Wait? What?

" What do you mean? Of course, I'm surprised. I expected to be able to have a kid of my own," Rhea stated.

"Most girls who are raped as a child, have a least likely chance of having a kid" Lance pointed out.

"Lance, be quiet" Rhea demanded. Why didn't she tell me?

"Rhea, quit trying to hide it! You know what she let him do too you" Lance argued.

"Lance, SHUT UP! You don't know what you're talking about!" Rhea argued back.

"I don't know what I'm talking about? Rhea, I remember every time mom would bring Jason to the house, you'd stay in your room, and I remember waking up too you crying for help that night, and I remember walking into the room and mom was sitting there, watching him do what he did. So don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about!" Lance snapped.

"Lance, I will kill you!" Rhea charged for him, but I grabbed a hold of her.

"Lance" Eva snapped at him. Rhea pushed away from me, and ran out of the house. I glared at Lance, and ran out after her. I didn't see her around anywhere, so I hopped in my car and drove around the neighborhood. It soon began to rain, and getting dark. That's when I finally saw her walking. I stopped the car, and hopped out.

"Rhea," I called after her.

"Leave me alone" She stated, while crying. She seemed to be doing that a lot lately and I wish I could make it stop. I'd do anything just to see that beautiful smile on her face. I grabbed her forearm gently, and she turned to me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Because... I never wanted anybody too know, okay? That's not exactly something someone could go around telling!" She shot back, still choking on tears.

"But, I'm here for you..." I replied.

"It was my fault, okay? I put it on myself!" She cried.

"No, Rhea it wasn't your fault, there was nothing you could do, you couldn't defend yourself" I tried to comfort her.

"I'm sorry it happened, and I wish it wouldn't have. But you can't blame yourself" I pulled her closer too me, and held her as the rain poured down on us.