"Love Don't Cost A Thing"

Brittany;

Craig had to me to meet him at the local pizza shop downtown, in about thirty minutes, and right now I was running late. I slid on my red converse, as I headed for the door.

"Okay, I'm gone!" I yelled to my mom.

"Where you going?" My mom asked.

"Craig told me to meet at the pizzeria, so that's where I'll be if you need me" I replied.

"Okay baby, have you seen Daniel?" She asked. I shook my head.

She sighed.

"Don't worry mom, he'll come around... or I'll make him" I reassured her.

"Ah, honey don't worry. Just stay my good one" She kissed my cheek. That shot me dead in the chest, I never told her about my abortion. I mean she knows I'm not a virgin, but if she finds out I had an abortion? Oh, my life is over, and I mean completely.

"Will do, but I gotta' go, I'm late" I kissed her cheek, and left out. I hopped in my car, and it took me about fifteen minutes to get to the pizzeria, but I finally made it. I was ten minutes late. I hopped out the car, and I saw Craig sitting there through the pizzeria window. I rushed in.

"Sorry, I'm late" I apologized with slight attitude... I was still mad at what happened a few weeks ago.

"I thought you weren't gonna' show..." He sighed in relief.

"So, what did you call me up here for?" I asked him, I was anxious to know what was going on.

"I needed to talk to you about something" He replied.

"Well... go ahead" I rushed him

"Okay, I have feelings for you" He stated.

"You wha­"

"Let me finish... that's the reason I've been pushing you away lately. Because, I never knew how to tell you, and I never had the nerve too" Craig sighed.

"Craig, I can't be doing this. Playing games with you. One minute­"

"Brittany, I'm sorry"

"Yeah, okay" I calmed myself.

"Well do you, ya ' know?" He asked.

"What?" I asked. He sighed.

"I knew shouldn't have said anything" He was about to get up.

"No, I like you Craig. But this a lot for me right now," I replied, stopping him from getting up.

"What's a lot for you? The fact that actually love you, or the fact that you're still stuck on Tool's a­s?" Craig began to get heated.

"It's not that, okay? I'm having problems, and I don't want to drag you into my mess, and ruin something special, thank you very much" I sassed with my hand on my hip.

"I've been with you through everything, what makes this any different, except we've taken what we had to the next level?" Craig asked, he had a point though. I sighed.

"I love you, very much... but­"

"But, I'm not like Tool..." Craig stated, and walked out the Pizzeria, and I chased after him.

"You don't have to be like him, hell, I'd hate it if you were. Craig I love you and I mean it" I said, as I ran after him.

"Then why won't you be with me?" He asked, with pleading eyes.

"I don't know, I just don't want to ruin how close we are" I replied.

"We haven't even tried yet"

"That's the thing I'm afraid of, if we do try, I'm scared I'll lose you" I replied, about to cry.

"You'll never lose me, Brittany"

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise," He nodded. Right then and there, we kissed, and I knew this would last forever.